Scorpian Battery - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Mar 16th, 2009, 8:55 pm Thread Starter

Scorpian Battery

I need to replace my battery and I see some cheap alternatives to the BMW battery. Anyone have any experience with this Scorpion battery for $71?

http://www.batterystuff.com/batterie...T51913-22.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Mar 16th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Re: Scorpian Battery

No experience with it.. let us know how you like it!
post #3 of 8 Old Mar 17th, 2009, 6:50 am

Many of us feel that the best battery choice has been either the Odyssey or Westco AGM batteries. Since this one is also AGM, give it a try. In the past Odyssey PC680 has been the most popular, but their price has gone up considerably and are now more expensive than this one.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 8 Old Apr 15th, 2009, 2:54 pm

My original BMW battery was starting to self discharge so I went ahead and bought one of these. I'm in Ohio and ordered the battery Monday morning and it was delivered by my mail carrier Wednesday at noon!! It looks like a good unit and it fit right in with no modifications required. It arrived fully charged and ready to go. It's made in china but what isn't these days? I obviously won't know for a while how well it will hold up but it survived its journey from the West coast and seems fine for now. I'll post any problems that might come up.

Jim
'06LT - Magnesium Black Graphite (light black)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old May 1st, 2009, 12:34 pm

Garage

I picked one up as well. Like the heavy terminals on it. The covers have to be removed, but no big deal, they just pop right off. Fits great and the bike starts like a deal even on the 32 degree mornings in WI. Connected up the leads for my new Battery Tender so I can easily connect that up this winter.

Had it for about a month now and it is nice to know the bike is going to start immediately...now to get my final drive fixed Started leaking and grinding today. Getting it towed to the local dealer.
post #6 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2011, 8:59 am
Lifetime Supporter

Reviving and older post here, but wondering how the folks here are doing with their Scorpion Battery?

I am thinking of replacing the battery in my 2005 and looking for first hand experience with this brand.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #7 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Looks pretty good at that price. 230CCA aint shabby. Let us know how it holds up, (if we are all here in a few years : )

Bill
Eastern Virginia (Middle Peninsula)
K3ZXV
05 Honda Sabre 1100
04 Triumph Speedmaster , Black with
California Sidecar Friendship II
99 K1200LT, Basalt Gray "DELILAH" (SOLD)
99 R1100RT ,Glacier Green (SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #8 of 8 Old Apr 9th, 2013, 8:53 am

Garage

Saw there were some folks looking for an update. I have been running this battery for 4 years. It is time for a new one but find that acceptable. I started using a Battery Tender on it in the winter months. I don't run that 100% of the time but flip it on for a day ever few weeks. Just ordered up a replacement because we are up to about 32 degrees in the morning here in WI so to me it is motorcycling weather!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in