BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Steve Shreeve, where are you??

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Dick 
#1 ·
Hey, Bud. I wanna thank you for printing out those 4 leetle pages of operation for the Motorola HF820. Helped a lot. Couldn't wait to look 'em over (even at the RTE!!).

However, I'm trying to find where you found the full set of instructions. I know you said you downloaded the instructions, butt ended up with about umpteen pages cuz of the various language versions. I don't wanna do dat, just wanna read the Engrish version.

Also, after buying the HF820 on the internet for $14.97, it came with a cigarette lighter type charger unit. I visited the Rat Shack store here in the village, and they 'almost' sold me a hook-up to use in the house. Turns out to be a 3-pin to gazillion-pin plug and a charger adaptor for plugging into a wall receptacle. $32.00!!! :eek:

Sooo - my second question. Did you find a reasonably priced AC charger for use with the HF820? And if so, where?

TIA.

#3 ·
katnapinn said:
I'm right here Daymet
OK - so since Sammie had to work today, you can show her this thread to prove you wuz a good boy this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!! :histerica

Hey, after we chatted on the AT&T nickel, I checked my museum stash of mobile/cell phones and accessories. Guess what - your suggestion paid off. I found an old Motorola house charger with the two-prong, three pin connector. Now I'm good to go and don't have to sit out in ole Blue Truck waitin' for the Bluetooth device to charge up thru the cig. lighter thangie.

Thanks, Steve. Owe you one. BTW - I checked eBay and they're sellin' those thangs for less than 5 bones, butt chargin' an arm and a leg for shipping!!! (I thought eBay wuz gonna put a stop to shipping overcharges! Guess not).

#4 · (Edited)
Hey Stevie....I am still waiting for you to answer Dick's question about the instructions???

Mine arrived yesterday and I can't find that web site either.

NEVER MIND...I went to Motorola and got it there. Thanks!!! and Thanks again for the tip to you and Dick!!!

#5 ·
Lonewuff said:
Hey Stevie....I am still waiting for you to answer Dick's question about the instructions???

Mine arrived yesterday and I can't find that web site either.

NEVER MIND...I went to Motorola and got it there. Thanks!!! and Thanks again for the tip to you and Dick!!!
Will if you must know I called Dick and gave him the info 'cause I did not want to share with you !!!! :rant:

#10 ·
katnapinn said:
I aint skeered of no BMW wantabe with a steeek:histerica
OH yeah?? So howz come you made me sit next to Jerry, while you made sure Ann and Sammie ran interference on th'uther side!?!? Huh?? :rolleyes: :p ;)

Hey, btw - I'm gonna go back to the Rat Shack dude and show him where he can buy that HF820 Bluetooth charger for $4.98, instead of trying to sell me one for $32!!! :eek: Gawd, I hate salesmen!! (oops, I were one for 30 years - dang! KingsX :rolleyes: ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.