Battery Charger Schematic - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jun 15th, 2007, 12:19 pm Thread Starter

Battery Charger Schematic

My BMW gel battery charger does not appear to be working anymore. Both the red and green lights are on solid and it appears to have no output. Does anybody have access to a schematic for this unit? I would hate to buy a new one as they are about $60-$70 and are made in China, which means they probably cost BMW about $5.00 to manufacture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 8:35 am

Usually, these units when they fail are DOA for good. Repalce it with a used one. they are very cheap. I can even sell you an extra that I have for $25.00 plus actual shipping costs.

Larry
2009 Deep Blue K1300GT
post #3 of 3 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 9:19 am Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll send you an e-mail about the charger. By the way, the BMW gel battery is far and away the best battery I have ever had. I have really abused this thing and it is still working fine. In the latest episode, I left my radar detector on, which I unfortunately have done a couple times in the past, and after a couple of days it drained the battery completely. When I have time, I need to wire the radar detector outlet to come on with the ignition. With the BMW charger, I have found that it would not charge if the battery was all the way down. I've had to put on my trusty Sears charger on 12V 2amp setting and charge it a few minutes and then put the BMW charger on and it would complete the charging. Since my BMW charger was not working this time, I left the Sears charger on longer and then, since I was in a hurry, roll started the bike. After riding it around for a while, it came up to full charge and has been fine since.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in