Trying to locate switch information - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 7th, 2007, 7:00 pm Thread Starter

Trying to locate switch information

My quest for information has now gone full circle... Dealer, BMWNA, and Motorrad Germany (who sent my request back to BMWNA).

I've got a 2006 R1200RTP and in the farkelization process I have the need for some switches. Since my RTP has a couple of blanks I was hoping to use BMW (or original manufacturer) switches. However no one seems to have any information beyond the description on the fiche.

I've been looking for any information such as circuitry (double pole, double throw DPDT; single pole single throw SPST; etc.), if the switch contains a indicator lamp, or what the legend/marking may be on the switch.

Below is a list of the part numbers and simple descriptions for which I have been unable to obtain information beyond a simple description (ie: Cruise light switch)

Any assistance is appreciated.

61317689811 - Cruising Light Switch
61317689813 - Stop Signal Control Switch
61317689814 - 360 degree Position Lamp Switch
61317689815 - Tone Sequence Control System Switch
61317689816 - Tone Sequence Control System Switch
61317689817 - Priority Warning Light Switch
61317689818 - Rear Fog Light Switch
61317689819 - Linear Strobe Lamp Switch
61317681111 - Signalling Light Switch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Nov 7th, 2007, 10:47 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaeman
My quest for information has now gone full circle... Dealer, BMWNA, and Motorrad Germany (who sent my request back to BMWNA).

I've been looking for any information such as circuitry (double pole, double throw DPDT; single pole single throw SPST; etc.), if the switch contains a indicator lamp, or what the legend/marking may be on the switch.
Did you ever get any information back on these switches? The reason I ask is that I have been doing the same thing... hunting for info.

The biggest problem I have found is the lack of SPST round 1/4" mounting hole LED switches. There is one site that if you sift thru it, has quite a bit of information. www.oznium.com

The price on their relays is OK, however, the switches are huge.

Hope that site can help some. I have obtained some small 1/4" SPST from Radio Shack'n'up... they will work, they just aren't lit.

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old Nov 7th, 2007, 11:34 am Thread Starter

Got some info back from BMWNA a week or three ago. Work has just been so crazy I have'nt had a chance to do much with it other than print it on a plotter (it's hard to read unless blown up several hundred %) a few translations. The switches at oznium (& the shack) are much lower than the waterproof BMW ones (about $80 list), but I'm looking for something that nicely fits the existing openings.

Tyco makes the connectors for the switches, but I'm still not sure who makes the switches themselves.

R1200RTP

post #4 of 4 Old Nov 8th, 2007, 3:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMark
The biggest problem I have found is the lack of SPST round 1/4" mounting hole LED switches.
Toggle switch with LED: NKK's M2100 series, with 1/4-40 mount

...Bob
2001 K1200LT der LadungsTräger
1978 GL1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in