Oddesy Battery - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Nov 6th, 2005, 4:54 pm Thread Starter

Question Oddesy Battery

Factory battery lasted over 4 years, Oddesy replacement less than 2 years. Is this normal?

Lloyd Morris
99 LTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Nov 6th, 2005, 5:18 pm

Smile odyssey Battery failure

Just installed mine. It has a (2) two year warrenty.So contact your supplier and avise them of your problem.
Bob
post #3 of 6 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 6:55 am

I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with the Oddesy not lasting. If it has been less than 2 years the warranty should cover it.

post #4 of 6 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 6:58 am

Mine lasted three years in my LT and was still strong when I traded it..

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 7:25 am

FYI, EnerSys has introduced a NEW Odyssey called the PC310 SLI.

SLI means "starting, lighting and ignition." Wow - catchy. Kind of reminds me of the ETC you see on Cadillacs. Where do these guys come up with this stuff?

"Hey man, I've got an SLI in there - watch this bad boy fire up!"

They claim it will last six years and has a storage life of two years. It has a two year warranty. MSRP is $173.95.

I don't think I could ever cough up that much for a freakin' battery when a standard Odyssey is about $55.00 at last check delivered to my front door in two days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #6 of 6 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 8:23 am

Thumbs up odyssey batteryfailure

The following was copied from the Odyssey online site. http://www.odysseyfactory.com/odycharg_c.htm May help you understand the charging reqirements of this baterry.
Also you may want to contact them via this site concerning your failure.

RECOMMENDED CHARGERS FOR POWERSPORTS APPLICATIONS
(PC535, PC545, PC625, PC680, PC925)

There are two types of chargers for powersports applications, depending on the way the battery is used. The first type is the cyclic use charger, required in situations where the battery will be deeply discharged each time and must be recharged relatively quickly. All recommended chargers can be connected and operated indefinitely.

The second type is the storage use charger, required when the battery must be maintained at a high state of charge. Custom V-twin motorcycles are a typical application requiring this type of charger. These bikes are typically ridden for short distances and the battery has to provide multiple starts. Several days’ of this type of usage causes the battery to fail prematurely due to insufficient charge. A storage use charger must be connected to the battery whenever the bike is not in use. This will keep the battery at a high state of charge and eliminate premature failure due to repeated undercharge.

Charge Time Manufacturer or brand name Part Number Output (Volts & Amps) Contact
8 - 12 Hours
TecMate AccuMate Pro 12V-7A-S 12V, 7A Motion Pro Inc. 650-594-9600
Xenotronix SX 90-1 12V, 6A1 Xenotronix
800-624-9366
12+ Hours Motocell™ 693601 12V, 3A Custom Chrome 800-729-3332
Battery Defender ACC-1206WB 12V, 3A BatteryMart.com
800-405-2121

1 The 12 amp charger (see next section) is recommended for the PC925 in cyclic applications

RECOMMENDED CHARGERS FOR ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS
(PC925, PC1200, PC1700, PC2150)

These larger ODYSSEY® batteries may require deep cycle as well as storage charging. The following table therefore shows the range of chargers and the largest ODYSSEY® battery each can be used with.

Charger type Manufacturer or brand name Output(Volts & Amps) Part Number ODYSSEY® sizes
Cyclic use Xenotronix 12V, 12A TBA Up to PC925
12V, 50A TBA All sizes
24V, 30A2 TBA Up to PC1700
36V, 20A3 TBA Up to PC1200

2Two ODYSSEY® batteries must be wired in series for a 24V charger
3Three ODYSSEY® batteries must be wired in series for a 36V charger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in