Shorai battery - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Jul 18th, 2015, 2:05 pm Thread Starter

Smile Shorai battery

As usual, I did not get on here and check out any discussions regarding batteries before I searched for and found one that I ordered from batterystuff.com. The battery (which was on a chart for the LT) is a LFX18L1-BS12. It is a 12v, 18AH which has a cranking rating of 270. It weighs slightly less than 3 lbs. It is very small, 5.8 x 2.63 x 4.23 inches. It is packed in a box with several 1/8 inch pads which are to be used as shims to make up for its reduced size. It is a Lithium ion battery. Does anyone have any experience with these/this battery? I haven't installed it yet and am hesitant to do so. I read some info on it and its supposedly much more reliable than the lead-acid type of battery. Any help/comments are welcome.
The brand is Shorai. Their web site is shoraipower.com. After ordering this battery, I get this letter with it telling me to check their web site to make sure I have the right battery, etc. So, I get on and check out my 2005 LT, and it says that the standard recommendation is not the one I ordered, but a higher rated one, the LFX21L6-BS-12 which is slightly larger in height (1 inch taller) and has 315 cold cranking amps as opposed to the one I received which has 270.

Triker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Longmont, CO
2005 LT Hannigan Trike
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Triker; Jul 18th, 2015 at 2:24 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in