HID Xenon uprade - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Sep 28th, 2013, 8:33 pm Thread Starter

HID Xenon uprade

Has anyone done a full headlight upgrade sourcing items from within Australia ? Thinking I may upgrade my '05 as the stock lights are nothing special, could certainly use some extra grunt. I'm not a fan of the cold colours though.

Dennis
1987 Yamaha TY250R
1991 Aprilia Climber 280
1988 K100RT (the pack horse)
2005 K1200LTE Light yellow metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Sep 28th, 2013, 8:59 pm
cws

Garage
Re: HID Xenon uprade

Hi Dennis, I did mine just over 6 years ago... brilliant upgrade (pardon the pun).
Original thread on my install with some pics. Stripped the nosecone down to make sure I could support the ballasts OK. Think newer ones probably come with smaller ballasts.

I didn't buy from within OZ, but there were some posts from others who have, eg http://www.xenonoz.com.au/index.php.
There's another mob found with quick Google search http://maxvisionaus.blogspot.com.au/

Compare with the forum sponsors product and see what costs you'd be up for, pretty sure they are all much cheaper now.
When I recently had a H7 bulb turn colour on me (from "white" 4300K near end of life it went bright blue) I bought a replacement set from Ebay (out of HK) pretty cheap, identical bulbs to those purchased in US kit originally.

Check ebay too, here's a local Sydney reseller flogging kits click but whatever you do, go for 4300K bulbs, as they are "white" rather than blueish which you start getting from around 5000K and upwards.

Oh, and 35W is enough. No need to buy 55W as far as I can see, and the XenonDepot guy even has some warnings at to why not on his webpage , scroll all the way down.
Have fun!

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Last edited by cws; Sep 28th, 2013 at 9:10 pm.
post #3 of 4 Old Sep 28th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Garage

G'day Dennis
Chris pretty much covered it. don't worry about the high beam only do low beam they get brighter as they warm up I don't ride much in the dark and I don't use high beam much, the low beam is enough to see great, mine are 4300 as well higher numbers are not any brighter just more blue they look like shit. oh and mine are ebay h7 for a car so i had a spare which I have now used the bulb doesn't usually blow but the igniter fails. from memory they were about $45 for the pair i will replace them with the 35 watt slim line ballast as Chris suggested if it goes out again

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT

post #4 of 4 Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 3:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by K100Dennis
Has anyone done a full headlight upgrade sourcing items from within Australia ? Thinking I may upgrade my '05 as the stock lights are nothing special, could certainly use some extra grunt. I'm not a fan of the cold colours though.
Dennis,

Were no located in Australia but If your looking for a HID kit, XenonDepot HID Kits are currently priced at the LOWEST price we have ever sold our kits for! BMW LT members get an additional 15% off the discounted price by using coupon code "BMWLT" upon checkout.

Danny

Use our
tool to find the right lighting for your BMW LT, and the most up-to-date BMW LT lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 |

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in