Spiegler SS brake lines replacement procedure for Beryl Beemer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 29th, 2013, 6:36 pm Thread Starter

Cool Spiegler SS brake lines replacement procedure for Beryl Beemer

Have generated a new thread for this as would be hard to find/search if I just replied to the "Bad Luck" thread.

Sooooo, managed to find the write-up I did for when I changed out the OEM rubber brake lines for the Spiegler units. Note, this was for Beryl Beemer, being a 1999K LT-C.

Anyone, drop me a line, or call on my mobile 0432 462 219 if needing further info.

cheers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Spiegler_brake_line_changeover_99K1200LT-C.pdf (1.51 MB, 101 views)

Phill
19XX BSA 125cc "racing" Bantam
1950 Sunbeam 500cc S7 Combo
19XX Royal Enfield 500 J2 combo
19XX BSA 500cc single B33
1960 Triumph 650cc Tiger 110
1970 Honda 750cc four K1
1975 Triumph Trident 750 triple
1978 XS1100E 1100cc "The Tardis" (ret)
1999 K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ulysses 18430
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Aug 29th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Re: Spiegler SS brake lines replacement procedure for Beryl Beemer

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

I had a local shop fabricate my replacement GATES brand *rubber* lines to BMW and SAE specifications for one third the cost of what the fatherland wants. They fit and work perfectly. I kinda' figure if Gates products are good enough for my aircraft they are good enough for my bike.

I just don't get the fascination with steel braided lines. The only real advantage is abrasion resistance - which is not a factor with LT's. Oh yeah - there's the bling factor too...

Anyway - a NICE write up - you sir are an operator.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #3 of 3 Old Aug 30th, 2013, 12:24 am Thread Starter

Cool Re: Spiegler SS brake lines replacement procedure for Beryl Beemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

I had a local shop fabricate my replacement GATES brand *rubber* lines to BMW and SAE specifications for one third the cost of what the fatherland wants. They fit and work perfectly. I kinda' figure if Gates products are good enough for my aircraft they are good enough for my bike.

I just don't get the fascination with steel braided lines. The only real advantage is abrasion resistance - which is not a factor with LT's. Oh yeah - there's the bling factor too...

Anyway - a NICE write up - you sir are an operator.

G'day Ron,
Being in the land down under, we are somewhat challenged by all the resources you guys have as a "local shop"... We therefore at the odd times have to prop up the $US by ordering stuff from over the pond.

I have still kept my old rubber perished things, (dunno why....maybe I had some idea of refurbishment hahhaha) but there is always the insurance thing that niggles away in the back of my mind.

I did very early on in Beryl's history relocate the fuel filter from inside the tank to under the pillion seat. GREAT for fuel filter changes, took me about 4 minutes, two of which was the removal of the pillion seat, BUT thought about if I had the misfortune of some clown taking my wheels away from under me, and the bike burst into flames, "somebody" would be looking at my fuel piping....so put it back in the tank <groan>

Such is the cost of owning a BMW I suppose..

cheers

Phill
19XX BSA 125cc "racing" Bantam
1950 Sunbeam 500cc S7 Combo
19XX Royal Enfield 500 J2 combo
19XX BSA 500cc single B33
1960 Triumph 650cc Tiger 110
1970 Honda 750cc four K1
1975 Triumph Trident 750 triple
1978 XS1100E 1100cc "The Tardis" (ret)
1999 K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"

Ulysses 18430

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in