Test ride on Triumph Trophy - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Apr 11th, 2013, 5:15 am Thread Starter

Test ride on Triumph Trophy

I took a new Triumph Trophy for a test ride, y'know the one that looks A LOT like an RT.

First impressions was a nice light package. The computer set up is a little complicated but I did like the on the fly suspension set up, tyre pressure sensors.
The adjustable windscreen works well as does the fairing, plenty of wind protection and that 1200 engine has nearly as much grunt as the K1600 (nearly).
Handlebar position was okay and the seat (probably the best part) a dream to sit on but then again I find the original LT seat comfortable.
There was plenty of ground clearance so cornering was a treat although i did find the cockpit a little cramped.

Overall I think it's a nice bike (I've not ridden an RT) and at $27k an affordable tourer.

After returning the bike to the dealership I threw my leg over my LT and road back the same way I'd ridden the Trophy. Damn the LT is a bloody nice bike! We are so spoilt

2005 K1200LT, Light Yellow Metallic
Ulysses member #60049
Fixed the cowbell replaced quick disconnects replaced stereo x 2 installed Trunk
latch kit installed DRLs performed minor service replaced rear shock Z-technic windscreen Wilburs front shock HID upgrade Serviced EHCS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in