Beryl Beemer's birthday, and intermittant rear brake light - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:38 pm Thread Starter

Beryl Beemer's birthday, and intermittant rear brake light

Hi Guys,
Well Beryl's birthday is fast approaching, being 2 Sept from memory, and the usual visit to the local garage for a renewal of the birthday certificate (pink slip).

$20 for the annual pink slip

Beryl will be a teenager, .....13years on.....and 210,500kms on the clock

hmmmmmmmm 13 year olds normally start to turn feral....maybe not a good omen??

Have noticed over the past number of years that the rear brake light goes intermittant.

Not wanting to get a defect notice from Mr Plod and Co, plus a "go away and fix" comment from the local mechanic, I have to soak the rear brake switch in Mineral turps overnight to get a good 100% response. I have also had to extend the wiring some 150mm as it was always a tight pull on the switch when in situ. I think I have phoned up once before asking the price of a replacement switch and for some reason $70-$80 was mentioned AGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for this poxy little micro switch???? (which is why I go with the mineral turps I suppose.

Hmmmmm wonder what the cost is from the US beemer boneyard mob?

Geeeeee Mr BMW motorcycle builder, does having an extra 100mm or so on this cable really eat into your profit margins??.....boring!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear brake switch removed.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	36209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear brake switch soaking.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	36210  

Phill
19XX BSA 125cc "racing" Bantam
1950 Sunbeam 500cc S7 Combo
19XX Royal Enfield 500 J2 combo
19XX BSA 500cc single B33
1960 Triumph 650cc Tiger 110
1970 Honda 750cc four K1
1975 Triumph Trident 750 triple
1978 XS1100E 1100cc "The Tardis" (ret)
1999 K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ulysses 18430
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 7:32 pm
cws

Garage
Re: Beryl Beemer's birthday, and intermittant rear brake light

Happy birthday pending Beryl.....
So the brake switch off the footpeg has to take a bath?
She's a well ridden old girl, that one.

Yeah, better watch those 13 year olds.. I've heard tales that that's when the the feral ones start to lose their skirts...

My little TYC's is up on 9 Sept (7 years registered/ 91775k's), so it too visited a local mechanic, instead of ProCycles, for the first time to get it's pink slip. Cost me $21.20.
Only question he had was when I flashed the high-beam.. "Are they HID's, are they legal?" Why, yes sir, sure are.... (well, at least Procycles never said anything, and then the 2006's came out as standard with Xenon, so I figure I'm good).

Will Beryl get a nice shiny wax job for her birthday for she looks all pretty?

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in