Bike gear at Aldi - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Aug 8th, 2012, 11:50 pm Thread Starter

Bike gear at Aldi

For anyone interested. It starts this saturday.
http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers_20120811.htm

I'll be looking at the comms system x 2

2005 K1200LT, Light Yellow Metallic
Ulysses member #60049
Fixed the cowbell replaced quick disconnects replaced stereo x 2 installed Trunk
latch kit installed DRLs performed minor service replaced rear shock Z-technic windscreen Wilburs front shock HID upgrade Serviced EHCS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Aug 9th, 2012, 1:14 am

Re: Bike gear at Aldi

We have an Aldi on every other street corner, or so it seems. But no motorcycle stuff. Since Aldi usually carries only high quality merchandise it would be great if they did start carrying it here.

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #3 of 8 Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:12 pm

No motorcycle stuff here either. But about 5-6 years ago I picked up Garmin (E-trek I think) wrist GPS designed for hikers. I had no maps but stored waypoints and used "bread crumb" trails. It did have a speedometer, compass, altimeter and other features and was only $99. It ran on one or tow AAA batteries and lived on the handlebar of my Suzuki Boulevard.

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old Aug 11th, 2012, 2:51 am Thread Starter

So we arrived at 8:45 because the store opens at 9, rIght? Wrong. 8:30!
I bumped into a couple of guys I know, they said they got there at 7:50 and were 3rd in the door. No more comms units as this store only had 20
The guys I saw said they had bought 6 units and I could buy 2 from them
Many other items were being snapped up but it seemed the trousers and jackets were most popular. The Kevlar jeans which Aldi advertised weren't to be seen. Apparently they had 7 pairs, strange amount to have in stock - oh well maybe next time

Ulysses member #60049
Fixed the cowbell replaced quick disconnects replaced stereo x 2 installed Trunk
latch kit installed DRLs performed minor service replaced rear shock Z-technic windscreen Wilburs front shock HID upgrade Serviced EHCS
post #5 of 8 Old Aug 11th, 2012, 5:28 am
cws

Garage

My friends Steve & Marilyn were at their local one (Miranda) and spent over $400... and still missed the Bluetooth systems. I've suggested they get the Senna's anyway, only a couple of dollars more and better spec'd.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #6 of 8 Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:15 pm Thread Starter

Units are Installed and paired. Problem is that Kate read the instructions and found out she can play music through them I have spent a few hours downloading music to her iPhone on the plus side, it means I won't have her complaining about "my" music

Ulysses member #60049
post #7 of 8 Old Aug 16th, 2012, 2:28 am

Seems to be the same Aldi organization that has been opening up stores around Texas these past couple years... I suppose I must get on their mailing list so I can keep up with their adverts.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #8 of 8 Old Aug 16th, 2012, 3:03 am
cws

Garage

I'll bet it is... German parentage, just like the mothership!
http://www.aldi.com/

(ahh, you edited your post! The question becomes a confirmation! )

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in