Near Miss - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 29th, 2012, 3:51 am Thread Starter

Near Miss

Thanks to the great brakes and ABS on the bike. Had a driver decide to do a U turn, across double yellows, in front of me on Friday. Thought the worst but pulled on all and held straight. Stopped with my front wheel resting against the front door with really no damage to both vehicles, apart from a tyre mark on the car. I must admit when I hit the picks I thought I was going down. But thanks to the awesome brakes on the bike she stopped me with little to no nonsense.
The driver said she did not see me. Yeh right, big sucker of a bike, sunshine and I am wearing a fluorescent vest. "Lady you did not look".

I think it was important that I followed the rules I learned from this site. Keep the bike straight at all times or she will take a nap.

Just thought I would share this.

Brian.

2005 dark Blue with chrome option
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 29th, 2012, 5:33 am

Re: Near Miss

Glad you're around to make that post. Good bikes and good skills make for good riding; especially when there's no shortage of idiots out there trying to ruin our day.

Take care,
Chris

"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God" Kurt Vonnegut

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 30th, 2012, 1:28 am
cws

Garage

Nice work Brian... glad to hear you both came out OK.
Pulls up real good, doesn't she :-)

Where was this at... not that that really matters.. plenty of f*#&wits on most roads.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 30th, 2012, 3:37 am

Made me think of a close one years ago,holiday weekend and roads going north to Sydney were blocked and hardly moving a long way out of a small town (Berry) I was going south and met a P plater who must have thought both lanes were blocked and it was smart to drive in the wrong lane at speed overtaking all the cars,met him at a corner,fortunately the gutter was concreted and big enough for a bike or a head on was assured ,very glad I was not in a car that day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in