Snowy Ride 2010?? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old Mar 18th, 2010, 2:35 am Thread Starter

Snowy Ride 2010??

Anyone going to the Snowy Ride 2010 this year?
I thought I would break in my return to riding with a big one. I will be leaving from the Sunshine Coast of Qld. possibly picking up a couple of other BM's along the way.
Col

Riding to see it all. Ulysses No. 57123
R1200RT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old Mar 18th, 2010, 5:00 am
cws

Garage
Re: Snowy Ride 2010??

Yep, but only if Kerry & I can't get away from work to do the big "round the island" trip....
Ithink my work will screw up that plan till next year.

Ideally we'd end up at Snowy on the way home at the end of the run....

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 19 Old Mar 18th, 2010, 6:11 pm Thread Starter

Smile Re: Snowy Ride 2010??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Yep, but only if Kerry & I can't get away from work to do the big "round the island" trip.... Ithink my work will screw up that plan till next year.
Ideally we'd end up at Snowy on the way home at the end of the run....
I look forward to catching up with a few folk from the forum whilst there. We should fly a flag or something!
Entry forms will be on the website as of July 2010
Col

R1200RT

post #4 of 19 Old Mar 25th, 2010, 2:33 am

Could well be - starting from North Stradbroke - give me a ping closer to the event

Geoff
post #5 of 19 Old Mar 25th, 2010, 3:01 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calyfragic
Could well be - starting from North Stradbroke - give me a ping closer to the event
Geoff
I will post more as we get closer.
I am stopping at Grafton & Oberon, NSW on the way down and camping at the Lake Crackenback Resort for a week whilst there. Accommodation could be an issue that weekend as I took the last room at this place.
Col

R1200RT

post #6 of 19 Old Mar 31st, 2010, 6:44 am
PCH

Hi Colin
Probably can't make this one this year, due to starting new job end of April and also having to move to Brisbane. Just don't think the board would appreciate me disappearing for a week so soon after starting.
Planning some long day rides over Easter if your interested. No idea where , but thought if the weather is good , might go up through Kilcoy, Sommerset, Towoombha, Warwick and back via Beaudesert etc . maybe the Lions road.
let me know if your interested.
regards
Paul

PCH
R 1200GS 2015
R 1200 RTSE 2013 90th Anniversary
R 1200 RTSE 2008 gone at 100k km
R 1100 RT 1999 Gone at 60,000 kms
Various other Japanese bikes over many years.

"Be kind to everyone, it is easier and a whole lot less trouble"
post #7 of 19 Old Apr 1st, 2010, 8:14 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH
Hi Colin
Probably can't make this one this year, due to starting new job end of April and also having to move to Brisbane. Just don't think the board would appreciate me disappearing for a week so soon after starting.
Planning some long day rides over Easter if your interested. No idea where , but thought if the weather is good , might go up through Kilcoy, Sommerset, Towoombha, Warwick and back via Beaudesert etc . maybe the Lions road.
let me know if your interested.
regards
Paul
Sounds like a temptation. I will have to check with my wife and see if she wants to come or am I allowed out alone as I just bought her all new gear yesterday and she may want to try it out. I am working at Eumundi Markets Saturday though.
I will be in touch.
Col

R1200RT

post #8 of 19 Old May 18th, 2010, 11:29 pm
cws

Garage

Just booked our accomodation for the ride weekend, in Friday, out Sunday.
Hope to catch up with some of you down there if you come!
Cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #9 of 19 Old Jun 20th, 2010, 3:00 am

Hey Guys,

Have managed to talk my better half into her first "multi-day tour" on our '09 LT. We are leaving Sydney on the Friday, staying in Canberra overnight then on to Thredbo on the Saturday / Sunday. Leaving Monday for Eden then on to Ulladulla for my 55th and home to Sydney.

Hope to catch up with some fellow LT owners in Thredbo.

Cheers,
Bob Mc
Midnight Black '09LT
post #10 of 19 Old Jun 20th, 2010, 6:42 pm
cws

Garage

Bob, where are you riding from? I'm at Little Bay, and heading down on the Friday also, but probably straight to Thredbo.
Add your mobile number so we can meet up down there, or maybe along the way...
cheers
Chris 0418411499

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #11 of 19 Old Jun 20th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Chris,

I'm leaving from Cronulla. Probably head down the coast then up Macquarie Pass and across to the Hume.

Cheers,
Bob
post #12 of 19 Old Jun 20th, 2010, 9:45 pm
cws

Garage

Ha, ha.. you gonna take the missus on her first long trip on the LT and doing the twisties! Love it...
Went there last weekend with a mate on a Ducati, I lost him on the way up... and he was behind me!

I'm only 5 mins from the start of the M5, so its a highway trip to keep my partner Kerry happy to get out of the traffic....

Maybe we'll catch up along the way... will try to remember to give you a buzz closer to time.

cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #13 of 19 Old Jun 20th, 2010, 9:51 pm

G'day Guys,

Been away for a short while.... (You last visited: 11-14-07 at 8:13 pm New Posts 233,623) Got a bit of catch up reading to do........

I have the Snowy Ride brochure on the desk next to me and am hoping to make it this year. I haven't been since I caught up with the Aussie team a few years back and we got together for dinner on the Saturday night.

The clutch started to slip on the bike about 12 months ago on a weekend sprint to Coonabarabran and when I got home I parked it in the corner and started to ride one of the other bikes and it's been sitting in the corner ever since. Time to make it go again......

I'll stick it on the bike hoist and start heading towards the clutch and if I can get it finished in time I'll head down this year.

Daz

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway…..

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

Growing Old Disgracefully.....

Last edited by Daza; Jun 20th, 2010 at 9:56 pm.
post #14 of 19 Old Jun 20th, 2010, 11:46 pm
cws

Garage

Hey Daz, welcome back.
Good luck with the clutch job, hope you make it in time!
We haven't had a "gathering" since that last dinner.... at least no more than a quick beer/cider and chat. LT's have been few & far between.
Hope to see you down there.
best

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #15 of 19 Old Jun 21st, 2010, 4:32 pm

Snowy Ride - clutch replacement first....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Hey Daz, welcome back.
Good luck with the clutch job, hope you make it in time!
We haven't had a "gathering" since that last dinner.... at least no more than a quick beer/cider and chat. LT's have been few & far between.
Hope to see you down there.
best
Thanks Chris,

It'd be good to catch up with a few of the guys.

I am yet to find the "definitive guide" to clutch replacement on the site but as soon as I do I'll be on my way.

Got the bike up on the bike lift and started to remove tupperware. From what I've found on the site so far I need to make a few tools as well. Should be an interesting exercise overall.

Daz

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway…..

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

Growing Old Disgracefully.....
post #16 of 19 Old Jun 21st, 2010, 6:39 pm
cws

Garage
Re: Snowy Ride - clutch replacement first....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daza
I am yet to find the "definitive guide" to clutch replacement on the site but as soon as I do I'll be on my way.
Did you watch John Zeiler's videos of tearing the bike down to do the weep-hole drill... that goes a long way I think to showing the job being done.. click

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #17 of 19 Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 12:52 am Thread Starter

Entries for the Snowy Ride are open as of now, so you can get the job done on the site here
See you all there.
Col

R1200RT

post #18 of 19 Old Sep 28th, 2010, 10:22 pm
cws

Garage

booked our tickets today.
here's to another great weekend in November! (mines a cider - whats yours?)

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #19 of 19 Old Oct 31st, 2010, 6:15 am
cws

Garage

Whoever's going... hope to say "G'day" next weekend.
Have a safe trip if you're heading there.
Weather forecast says fine, but max 8-9 deg C each day, down to 1 deg C overnight... and I've just come back from a week surfing at Lennox Head (mid 20's...) :-)
cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in