New kid on the block - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:27 pm Thread Starter

Smile New kid on the block

G'day everyone. Just thought I would log in and say hello and introduce myself. Currently riding an R1200RT which I have not long ago purchased. I am returning to the fold after a very long hiatus during which I sorely missed the two wheeled world. I am onto my 4th BMW (R50 & 2 x R65s) and at last count, my 34th motorcycle.
I am thoroughly enjoying what little time I can squeeze away from my business and look forward to getting to know more quality folk here on this forum
I would be happy to link up with any folk from around the Sunshine Coast area of Qld. Give me a yell.
Catchya
Col

Riding to see it all. Ulysses No. 57123
R1200RT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:40 am

Re: New kid on the block

Welcome aboard!
post #3 of 5 Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am

Thumbs up Re: New kid on the block

Welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====

post #4 of 5 Old Mar 4th, 2010, 3:16 pm
PCH

Smile Re: New kid on the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinS
G'day everyone. Just thought I would log in and say hello and introduce myself. Currently riding an R1200RT which I have not long ago purchased. I am returning to the fold after a very long hiatus during which I sorely missed the two wheeled world. I am onto my 4th BMW (R50 & 2 x R65s) and at last count, my 34th motorcycle.
I am thoroughly enjoying what little time I can squeeze away from my business and look forward to getting to know more quality folk here on this forum
I would be happy to link up with any folk from around the Sunshine Coast area of Qld. Give me a yell.
Catchya
Col
Hi Colin
Welcome to the blog. You now own the ultimate bike. Congrats. I am also on the Sunshine Coast at Buddina. Wish the rain and wind would go away. 5 days off the bike. I have withdrawl symptoms. We should go for a ride one day.
regards
Paul

PCH
R 1200GS 2015
R 1200 RTSE 2013 90th Anniversary
R 1200 RTSE 2008 gone at 100k km
R 1100 RT 1999 Gone at 60,000 kms
Various other Japanese bikes over many years.

"Be kind to everyone, it is easier and a whole lot less trouble"
post #5 of 5 Old Mar 4th, 2010, 6:25 pm Thread Starter

Smile Re: New kid on the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH
Hi Colin
Welcome to the blog. You now own the ultimate bike. Congrats. I am also on the Sunshine Coast at Buddina. Wish the rain and wind would go away. 5 days off the bike. I have withdrawl symptoms. We should go for a ride one day.
regards
Paul
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome and yes Paul, I am up for a ride if I can float my bike out to the road! Reasonably flexible as to time except Saturdays or Wednesdays.
I have another mate who may be able to creep away from work on either his 1200RT or GS as well.
Stay in touch
Col

Riding to see it all. Ulysses No. 57123
R1200RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in