Snowy Ride 09 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jun 4th, 2009, 4:41 pm Thread Starter
cws

Garage
Snowy Ride 09

That time of year is looming again... just about to book some accomodation in Thredbo, it seems to be filling up pretty quickly.
Anyone thinking of going this year? Ride itself is Sat 7 Nov, but we'll be there from Thursday 5th till Sunday morning.

http://www.snowyride.com.au/

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jun 16th, 2009, 12:08 am

Re: Snowy Ride 09

Not me (again) this year...sob...

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #3 of 6 Old Aug 1st, 2009, 11:21 pm Thread Starter
cws

Garage

Just saw your oldest "baby" up for sale on Ebay, Ian....
sad times.... hope she finds a good home!
regards
Chris

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #4 of 6 Old Aug 16th, 2009, 12:21 am

Hi Chris,
Yep, the time had come... I had been postponing the decision for quite some time now, but with a 1 year old and a 3 year old sitting at home...I was feeling conscious of making them orphans every time I rode on my daily commute.

Then, a couple of weeks back some idiot came through a stale red light and almost cleaned me up and I read the 'writing on the wall' and made the decision that it was time for her to go.

So back into a cage for a while...at least until the little ones grow up a bit. I actually think that my wife became more emotional about seeing her ride out with a new owner...

Replaced her with a BMW X5...so as far as cages go, not a bad one!

Ian

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #5 of 6 Old Oct 27th, 2009, 12:19 am Thread Starter
cws

Garage
Re: Snowy Ride 09 - NOV 7/8

sooo, anyone else going this year?
It's only 2 weekends away......
Kerry & I heading down on Thursday 5 Nov, staying in Thredbo.

Anyone want to catch up... my numbers 0418 411 499.

I think that Ducati are also having some test bikes this year, as well as the usual assortment of Honda's to play on....

cheers, and safe Snowy riding!

oh, looks like there's still some snow around, as usual...

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #6 of 6 Old Dec 6th, 2009, 12:20 am Thread Starter
cws

Garage

Been a few weeks since the ride, so I'd better give a bit of feedback!
Once again a great weekend down at Thredbo... biggest turn-out ever, over 3000 participants registered for the ride, and in doing so passed on a fair amount of $$ for kids cancer research.
Caught up with a couple of LT riders there, but numbers seemed down on previous years, only spotted about 3 others this year.

Caught up with Brian & Mim... they are loving their GWing.

Big news was that Ducati had test bikes as well as Honda, but you had to get in early to book a ride in either camp... I got a run on a Ducati Multistrada 1100s, and a Honda CB1000F...
The Ducati was great fun, and pretty comfortable... but cost is on par with buying a Beemer... too damn expensive for what it is, about $15k.

Weather was great, still some snow around.... a couple of pics here

cheers all

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in