boy is it hot - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Jan 29th, 2009, 3:30 am Thread Starter

Garage
boy is it hot

Just went to wangaratta to take the camper back for some repairs 46.5 c for the last 2 days I have never ridden in such hot conditions, in all the years of riding motorcycles. thats about 115F for you yanks. The Lt Performed to perfection, temp was just off red most of the way, I tried to make it with the safety gear on but was it was more than I could take. I was dehydrating so quickly an hour was all I could manage, so off came the dry rider. (jacket) "I know dick head" if you come off you are going to be verrrrry sorry. I made back home ok except for a fire out of Hamilton I had to go around another hour to the trip. they closed off the highway. hope to have the camper Back before the AGM in Penrith NSW think Ill take the car to pick it up if the weather stays this hot , all the same a great ride

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Jan 29th, 2009, 7:33 pm

Re: boy is it hot

If only it were half that here. It's been a real winter. 3" tonight and 2" more tomorrow then freezing drizzle on Sunday. Highs in the 20's except for Sunday- 30's. Over a foot on the ground. Of course it's only a forecast, so who know what will actually take place. Enjoy the sweating.

Matt
95 Honda Magna (sold)
97 R1100RT (sold)
00 LTc, Canyon Red "Tarkus" (sold)
01 F650GS (wifey's, sold)
01 Ducati S4 Monster "LittleOne"
04 R1150RT (turned to scrap)
99 R1100RT Tundra Green
Kalamazoo, MI
"Worry does not rob tomorrow of it's sorrow. It saps the strength of today."
post #3 of 15 Old Jan 29th, 2009, 9:28 pm

Sounds familiar. I know how you feel. Arizona is the only state loosing tourism money summer time due to heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle

Just went to wangaratta to take the camper back for some repairs 46.5 c for the last 2 days I have never ridden in such hot conditions, in all the years of riding motorcycles. thats about 115F for you yanks. The Lt Performed to perfection, temp was just off red most of the way, I tried to make it with the safety gear on but was it was more than I could take. I was dehydrating so quickly an hour was all I could manage, so off came the dry rider. (jacket) "I know dick head" if you come off you are going to be verrrrry sorry. I made back home ok except for a fire out of Hamilton I had to go around another hour to the trip. they closed off the highway. hope to have the camper Back before the AGM in Penrith NSW think Ill take the car to pick it up if the weather stays this hot , all the same a great ride

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 Old Jan 30th, 2009, 7:05 am

Two days ago it was thirty four freakin' below............oh, that's with an 'F'
post #5 of 15 Old Jan 31st, 2009, 12:10 am

Hottest day in Melbourne in 70 years yesterday! (45.1) and the hottest three days in a row in the history of keeping records...

Haven't been brave (perhaps silly) enough to get out on the bike though...

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #6 of 15 Old Jan 31st, 2009, 9:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle

Rub it in , why don'tcha. Current temp here 10 F.
post #7 of 15 Old Jan 31st, 2009, 9:18 am

Garage

According to my Wally World Special Thermometer , it was 4 degrees this morning.

Bring on the Warm Weather!!!!!

I Wanna Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #8 of 15 Old Jan 31st, 2009, 3:49 pm Thread Starter

Garage

I suppose your low temps create just as much problems for you, we can ride pretty much all year round, I forgot some of you guys only get a few months a year to ride, I have only seen snow twice in my whole life love that photo by the way Rob, Next time I'm at the Beach I'll give it a try.

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
post #9 of 15 Old Feb 7th, 2009, 12:08 am

And 46.9 here today...unbearable! (That's 118F for you guys well north of us)

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

Last edited by onions; Feb 7th, 2009 at 1:21 am.
post #10 of 15 Old Feb 10th, 2009, 3:00 am
cws

Garage
There's hot, and then.......

Guys, hope you and your families in Vic are safe from the destruction that's been wrought upon the state...

The donations seem to be pouring in, so we all hope it is of some little help.

The toll keeps rising and its pretty hard to watch and hear the horrendous stories from our firefighters and survivors on the news.

best wishes to all.....

Chris

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #11 of 15 Old Feb 10th, 2009, 8:32 am

Re: There's hot, and then.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Guys, hope you and your families in Vic are safe from the destruction that's been wrought upon the state...

The donations seem to be pouring in, so we all hope it is of some little help.

The toll keeps rising and its pretty hard to watch and hear the horrendous stories from our firefighters and survivors on the news.

best wishes to all.....

Chris
x10 from the States................Know your in our prayers...........B-Safe; Jim
post #12 of 15 Old Feb 21st, 2009, 6:55 pm

Re: There's hot, and then.......

WOW.

Phoenix hit 122F in 1990.

By comparison we've only been to 113F in Tucson.

I am stunned and deeply saddened by the devastation and personal loss you folks have been through. Hang in there mates.

We're praying for you.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #13 of 15 Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 7:42 pm

Hi all,
sorry that I have been off the air for a number of days but have just finished 14 days in the Whittlesea / Kinglake fire zone...

The news stories simply don't convey the utter devastation and the enormity of the fire zone...nor the grief and shock of the local communities...

I am still reeling from the experience and am unable to bring myself to think about the horror that those who lost their lives must have gone through...without tears...

The support of the Australian and International communities has been staggering and the cooperation of the emergency services and other government agencies overwhelming...

The communities are a resilient lot but I don't think that this experience will ever be too far out of their minds no matter how many years pass...

These sorts of tragegies show the strength and power of humanity and as an individual makes me realise how blessed I am to have a home and family to come back to each night...

Take care all,

Ian

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

post #14 of 15 Old Mar 1st, 2009, 8:35 pm

Well done with spending a little time there thosedevastated areas.

Are you a firie Onions?

Paul Harrington.
SA.

1999 K1200LT Champagne "Bismarck"
1983 base K100 "Bavarian Belle"
post #15 of 15 Old Mar 6th, 2009, 6:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrowbmw
Well done with spending a little time there thosedevastated areas.

Are you a firie Onions?

Paul Harrington.
SA.
Hi Harro,
Not a firie mate...but a copper... And a gotta say mate that I would much rather face someone with a gun or a knife than a fire like those firefighters did...they have got some guts those guys!

Ian

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in