anyone had experience in unlocking an iphone? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Dec 25th, 2008, 11:22 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy anyone had experience in unlocking an iphone?

I am after some info/software from anyone on the board that has unlocked a non AT&T iphone.

Some past info....
The company I used to work for gave everyone an Apple iphone for a xmas pressy 2007. This was before iphones were released here in Oz, some 7 months or so later.

The iphones were able to be used with any service provider's sim card here......I chose Optus as the phone carrier.

The iphone has been working ok with this Optus sim card now for about 8-9 months.

To download music / videos, music etc on the iphone you have to use an Apple free shareware application called "itunes"... This application takes a little bit of time to get used to.

I have been prompted whenever I connect my iphone to itunes that a later version of software is now available.....hmmmmm shall I????...ok.....doh!

Now my iphone is locked as it does not recognize the sim card I have in it....non AT&T I suppose.

I cannot get past this hurdle to even restore back to the original software.

I have called the iphone person that imported these iphones for my previous employer, and he says "yes I told the receptionist to tell everyone who buys one of these iphones not to upgrade the software, as it will lock up the phone".....AAAAGGGghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....mutter mutter, as you guessed it, no-one mentioned this to me.

ok...."can you unlock this phone for me?".........he is off overseas for a month, maybe able to help when he gets back......

boring!

Soooooo anyone here ever done this before??? if so exactly what software did you use, freeware? and what instructions are needed to complete this unlock? Can I upgrade to the latest software and then unlock or am I limited to the original software after I unlock.

cheers

Phill
19XX BSA 125cc "racing" Bantam
1950 Sunbeam 500cc S7 Combo
19XX Royal Enfield 500 J2 combo
19XX BSA 500cc single B33
1960 Triumph 650cc Tiger 110
1970 Honda 750cc four K1
1975 Triumph Trident 750 triple
1978 XS1100E 1100cc "The Tardis" (ret)
1999 K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ulysses 18430
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Dec 26th, 2008, 8:09 am

Re: anyone had experience in unlocking an iphone?

Just Google hacking the iphone and you'll get tons of hits like this:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/

http://www.iphone-hacks.com/2008/09/...-with-windows/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/104731...unlock_iphone/

...and the list goes on. Google is your friend..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #3 of 4 Old Feb 4th, 2009, 4:38 am

Talking Re: anyone had experience in unlocking an iphone?

Well, Did you manage to unlock the iphone?
Come on keep us informed.

Shane,
Bright,
Australia

2001 K1200LT Metallic Mauve - Merlot. (Deceased)
2003 Ducati 999 Testastretta, Red (of course) - Demos.
2005 Cagiva Xtra Raptor 1000, Bat Black - Rex.
2006 Cagiva Raptor 650, Red - Gina (sold)
Bike Trailer for Merlot - Cabernet.
2007 Ducati 1098S Tricolore
2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2012 Yamaha Tenere XT660Z
2015 Yamaha MT09

post #4 of 4 Old Feb 6th, 2009, 3:45 am Thread Starter

Cool Re: anyone had experience in unlocking an iphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalei
Well, Did you manage to unlock the iphone?
Come on keep us informed.
Geeeez Shane, is that reallllllllllllly you talking here on this site (or maybe it's your alter ego "Lozenge")??

Nope haven't found what I am needing at the moment. the problem being that my iphone was "cracked" prior to my purchase from my previous employer, who gave everyone a cracked iphone for a xmas pressy. The iphones were brought into the country by a 3rd party.

I have phoned this 3rd party and explained the situation that I tried to upgrade the iphone op system, via itunes, (as itunes kept telling me that a later version of operating system was now available).

Little known to me was that the 3rd party iphone supplier said he told the receptionists at my pre-employer to tell everyone that had the iphone, and anyone buying a left over iphone NOT to update the software.......Doh!

ok so now I have my iphone that as soon as it is connected to itunes via the laptop, comes up with a message saying that I have a non authorised SIM installed and I need to replace with an authorised SIM card. I cannot get past this initial message at the moment.

The 3rd party supplier said that he could "reset" my iphone but will need to charge me $30, as he had left instructions with the receptionists. He was also going "overseas" for a month, the same weekend that I had initially contacted him. I have sent him an email asking if he could tell me the software he uses (and even if he could email me the software) to "jailbreak" this 2G iphone. Haven't heard anything back from him in the month that he has been away.

Vodaphone here in Oz have a deal that they will utilize the iphone with some of their packages, I have even used a Vodaphone SIM from Rhonda's mobile to see if that makes a difference rather than my Optus SIM, nah....no change.

Soooooooooooo may have to take a ride wayyyyyyy over the other side of Sydney to see this guy. Will let you know ........eventually.

cheers

Phill
19XX BSA 125cc "racing" Bantam
1950 Sunbeam 500cc S7 Combo
19XX Royal Enfield 500 J2 combo
19XX BSA 500cc single B33
1960 Triumph 650cc Tiger 110
1970 Honda 750cc four K1
1975 Triumph Trident 750 triple
1978 XS1100E 1100cc "The Tardis" (ret)
1999 K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"

Ulysses 18430

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in