tassie Trip - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Nov 30th, 2008, 2:14 am Thread Starter

Garage
tassie Trip

Hi Ian and all
Well we had a wonderfull 2 week trip around tasmania, the scenery is breathtaking, the roads overall were good but very windy, have to keep your wits about you all the time. speed most of the time around 75-80kph and as low as 25kph on bends, plenty of motorhomes and log trucks to keep me more than busy. and as previously mentioned we fell off not far from Port Authur. we had been on the road all day riding in rain that never stopped, were wet to the skin, feet you name it and it was wet, we decicided not to put the camper up and go into a motel but I missed the turn, no worries were are on four lanes I can turn around. yeah right !! wet cold and tired 3/4 around next thing I know we are sliding into the steel crash barrier, camper trailer stays up but slides into the barrier bikes on its side, first check the missus, she is ok good. but my chest is hurting a fair bit must have given the handle bar a nudge, not broken though. 2 cars stop to help and the guys help me pick up the bike, first thing I see no foot peg, bloody foot boards I had on broke in half, because they were low the leg dug in and the force ripped off the the attachment points on the side plates.
luckily I had taken my stock pegs to change out once it got too windy.
I checked the missus into the hotel then went out and found a boat builder out in the boondocks who welded the lugs back on to the side plate and we were away again, well after 2 days rest in the hotel.
All that is to be done now is fix the bike I will need both right hand side plates, foot brake lever, crash bar and the covers rear pannier total respray and the plastic protector the camper trailer has a small ding but wont need any repairs.
I havent gone through my photo's yet, I will try to find a couple of nice ones and show our overseas friends some of Tasmania

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in