Originally Posted by cws View Post
G'day Pierre
Thanks for the welcome CWS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 68 Old Aug 7th, 2014, 9:26 am

Re: G'day and Welcome!

Hi guys,
I'm in Brisbane and had a lot of Beemers but I do like the twins. I do all my own wrenching but it appears to be changing with this new to me R120RTP (police bike). It seems some things must be done with the dealers maintenance computer. Times are a changing.

I'm off on an East Coast USA holiday in a week but have already organised to get a GS911 tool sent from the beemershop to my New York Hotel as a carry home

Now I just need to figure out how to talk the boss into a drive from Orlando to the Corbin shop, about an hour away, for a new seat

07 R1200RTP
post #53 of 68 Old Aug 7th, 2014, 7:43 pm
cws

Garage

sounds like a well planned trip!

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #54 of 68 Old Aug 7th, 2014, 8:37 pm
PCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW View Post
Hi guys,
I'm in Brisbane and had a lot of Beemers but I do like the twins. I do all my own wrenching but it appears to be changing with this new to me R120RTP (police bike). It seems some things must be done with the dealers maintenance computer. Times are a changing.

I'm off on an East Coast USA holiday in a week but have already organised to get a GS911 tool sent from the beemershop to my New York Hotel as a carry home

Now I just need to figure out how to talk the boss into a drive from Orlando to the Corbin shop, about an hour away, for a new seat
Welcome, a great ride you have there.Enjoy the east coast, lots of fun to be had there.
Maybe we can have a ride when you return. I am a member of the QLD BMWMC
regards

PCH
R 1200GS 2015
R 1200 RTSE 2013 90th Anniversary
R 1200 RTSE 2008 gone at 100k km
R 1100 RT 1999 Gone at 60,000 kms
Various other Japanese bikes over many years.

"Be kind to everyone, it is easier and a whole lot less trouble"
post #55 of 68 Old Aug 7th, 2014, 11:41 pm

Cheers Guys, Just took a run over Mt Glorious and back via Fernvale, couple of hundred Kms. I needed economy figures as the fuel gauge don't work. I calculated 5 lts/100 Kms or a whopping 520 Kms out of a tank. Impressive. That seat is a bit like a besser brick after a while and the cop suspension is pretty hard but easy fixed, just need a credit card

PCH, I'll look into joining the club after we get back.

07 R1200RTP
post #56 of 68 Old Feb 22nd, 2016, 1:03 pm

Hi Guys
Just picked up my LT yesterday, been lurking around here for awhile, so bit the bullet, unloaded the m109r, and got an lt. I'm in Lake Macquarie so look forward to meeting a few for a ride when i can.
cheers
les
post #57 of 68 Old Feb 22nd, 2016, 4:04 pm

Welcome onboard,
Your time on this site is well spent. Lots of info with persons willing to assist and advise.
It takes a bit of time to get intimate with the big girl, but she is well worth it.
Hope to catch up at som stage.

Brian
cws likes this.

2005 dark Blue with chrome option
post #58 of 68 Old Feb 22nd, 2016, 7:24 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscarfe View Post
Hi Guys
Just picked up my LT yesterday, been lurking around here for awhile, so bit the bullet, unloaded the m109r, and got an lt. I'm in Lake Macquarie so look forward to meeting a few for a ride when i can.
cheers
les
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

You should really start your own intro thread though instead of commenting in someone else's.

2000 R1100RT
post #59 of 68 Old Feb 22nd, 2016, 7:28 pm
cws

Garage
Uh, this is the Aussie welcome thread Whisky.
Better have another nip before bed. ?

G'day Les!
post #60 of 68 Old Feb 23rd, 2016, 1:13 am

If i may hijack your thread with a question, what are your rides like over there? I imagine it's a whole 'nother kind of beautiful than we get here in the states. Seen enough aussie outback movies to know what your outback looks like, but never any ride footage and certainly never any coastal ride footage. Gotta be some nice rides on tap (plus beer). Cheers mate,
Bob (Idaho)

2005 KLT Graphite Gray
2003 F650GS Black
*Too slow for fast women
*A little adventure is good for the soul
post #61 of 68 Old Feb 23rd, 2016, 4:29 am
cws

Garage

Hi Bob, I've put a couple of videos up on YouTube under cws127.
And nil_time from Victoria has posted a few also, not sure of his YT name, but have a look in here and you'll find a thread on it somewhere.
I videod a lot when doing a trip around Oz, a bit like your 4-corners ride, but never got around to editing it... Maybe when I get to retire....

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #62 of 68 Old Feb 24th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
Hi Bob, I've put a couple of videos up on YouTube under cws127.
And nil_time from Victoria has posted a few also, not sure of his YT name, but have a look in here and you'll find a thread on it somewhere.
I videod a lot when doing a trip around Oz, a bit like your 4-corners ride, but never got around to editing it... Maybe when I get to retire....
Thanks. I'll check it out.

2005 KLT Graphite Gray
2003 F650GS Black
*Too slow for fast women
*A little adventure is good for the soul
post #63 of 68 Old Feb 27th, 2016, 2:47 am

Well its been a week know of riding the LT the only prob i can think so far is having to stop. Big difference to the 109 however loads better, the 109 was fun, but for what I wanted, and the riding I do this brings a grin from ear to ear, in saying that so does my 1200 gsa, which has its nose out of joint at the moment ( Might get them to mate and see what type of pups they produce)any way going to take it for a 4 dayer in about 2 weeks hopefully bump into a few others along the way, and get a few pic
cheers
post #64 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2017, 7:25 am

Garage

G'day fellow Aussie's,

Live in the Newcastle Region and brought a 2002 R1150RT last August (2016), my first BMW, been wanting a R1150RT since 2006, but could never afford one.

I do a 360klm round trip twice a week to Western Sydney for work on the RT, so a Intercom hooked up to the RT's on-board AM/FM Radio was one of the first things to be installed, surprising just how fast 180klm seems to go runing up and down the M1 while listening to radio stations.

Must say, the RT has not been a let down so far . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14089042_10207533167632766_8689919974293361159_n.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	125497  
cws likes this.
post #65 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2017, 5:49 pm
cws

Garage

G'day Grant... bit quiet around here these days, but nice to see a +1 on the population.
Seems to be more local chatter on I-BMW where there's an Aussie section too... but there's lots or RT riders here on this site so good bike info.

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #66 of 68 Old May 10th, 2017, 7:17 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Chris,

Did you put a Michelin PR4GT on the front of your LT? I was thinking it was you that did that. How has it worked out?

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #67 of 68 Old May 10th, 2017, 7:29 pm
cws

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler View Post
Chris,
Did you put a Michelin PR4GT on the front of your LT? I was thinking it was you that did that. How has it worked out?
I did John, put some notes on it in this thread which you had seen before..
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/tires/16...-front-lt.html
The bike's been parked pretty much since then due to house renovations, but took it for a quick spin a few weeks back and it still felt great in the front.
Very happy with the PR4's on both bikes... just wish they made a rear for the LT too!

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #68 of 68 Old Apr 5th, 2019, 4:25 am

Garage

Bump . . .

Been a while since I've posted on here, or anyone for that fact.

Been a thew changes in my life which has seen me return to the Sydney Region :-(. My R1150RT has also seen some changes too, with me getting back to my grass roots, my RT is now all marked up as a 'Medic bike', ride in Medical Support for Motorcycle Group & Charity Ride around Sydney and do the odd Motorcycle Marshal task for road cycling events.

Still love the RT, so much I purchased a 2nd set of Pannier's that don't have MEDIC plastered on the side, to allow me to get out and about without the need to carry my Medic gear all the time.

Grant
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5020.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	150809  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in