Wine Tasting week Mount View Estate, Hunter Valley - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 6:33 pm Thread Starter

Cool Wine Tasting week Mount View Estate, Hunter Valley

G'day, from a chilly Sydney at the mo.
Last week was spent lolling around the Hunter valley, with some great friends (Shane and Loz) from Rockhampton (Queensland....warm place!) tripping from cellar door to cellar door. Temperatures were very pleasant, such that breaky was spent on the verandah overlooking the vinyards and fields below the Lodge. Seen here at http://www.mtviewestate.com.au/lodge.html

Shane and Loz are L12LT owners, (plus XRaptor, plus Ducati 999, plus Cagiva 650, plus....blah blah .....too many toys!!!!)

The Brand Manager of the winery is Betty Ward (ahhhh what a great surname...) with husband Peter operating a comms company.

How this week of decadence came about is that the friends from Rocky won a week's accomodation for 8, as donated by the Mount View Estate company to the Ulysses Club (seen here at http://www.ulyssesclub.org/Default.asp) at last year's AGM.

Being located 2000kms away from the winery presented a small hiccup to the Rocky sun worshippers, who in true masochistic fashion decided to incorporate this week of wine guzzling with a week down in the snow country (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r must be crazy!!), and wanting great company for the week invited yours truly and SWMO.

Soooooooooooooooooo the week was brilliant....Betty Ward (great surname!!) organised for us to have a personal tour of the Mount View Estate winery production set-up, plus came around (with Pete) for a chat one evening in the week.

why did they come around for a chat you ask???? COS THEY ARE K12LT OWNERS....now how flaming great is that??????????

I think their position in life is somewhere near the expectations of all...K12LT (known as "The Big Girl") to flay around on with a winery as a past time/set amongst the Hunter valley backdrop.......

So...having portrayed all the great things this web site provides for K12LT owners, hopefully Peter and Betty Ward (great surname BTW) should be dropping in for a chat sometime.

You may have noticed the Mount View Estate Lodge rates from their web site...brilliant, with all the creature comforts at your fingertips, (complete with stock of local wines JIC you find yourself short some evenings).

(Shane and Loz went on down to the snow, last report was that they are having to dig their car out....snow bound up to the mirrors...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr crazy sun worshippers).

Mount View Estate needs to be permenently set into your GPS coordinates, Mount View Road, Cessnock.

cheers

Phill
19XX BSA 125cc "racing" Bantam
1950 Sunbeam 500cc S7 Combo
19XX Royal Enfield 500 J2 combo
19XX BSA 500cc single B33
1960 Triumph 650cc Tiger 110
1970 Honda 750cc four K1
1975 Triumph Trident 750 triple
1978 XS1100E 1100cc "The Tardis" (ret)
1999 K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ulysses 18430
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 7:55 pm

Re: Wine Tasting week Mount View Estate, Hunter Valley

Can you give me directions from Dallas?

Have a great ride,

David
Dallas, TX
2006 K1200GT
BMWMOA 142756
post #3 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 12:57 am Thread Starter

Cool Re: Wine Tasting week Mount View Estate, Hunter Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2ride
Can you give me directions from Dallas?
G'day Dave,
Would you be wanting travel East through Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Thailand, Maylasia, and then a hop skip jump to Oz, or travel West BBBIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG hop skip and jumpsss to Papau New Guinea and then just a small paddle across to Oz??

you'll see so much more interesting things if you travel East. My eldest son has just done a 6 month tour in Afghanistan and could probably tell you some interesting places to stay....(NOT)..

Heyyyyyyy this is why we have GPS's ....doh! just plug in "Betty Ward" and it'll bring you straight here....hehehehheheh do you wanna travel via toll roads or not?

cheers

Phill
19XX BSA 125cc "racing" Bantam
1950 Sunbeam 500cc S7 Combo
19XX Royal Enfield 500 J2 combo
19XX BSA 500cc single B33
1960 Triumph 650cc Tiger 110
1970 Honda 750cc four K1
1975 Triumph Trident 750 triple
1978 XS1100E 1100cc "The Tardis" (ret)
1999 K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ulysses 18430

post #4 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 5:19 am

Thumbs up Re: Wine Tasting week Mount View Estate, Hunter Valley

whoo hoo -they'll let anyone in and they didn't even ask if I owned a LT

Hey Phill - great last name BTW

Thanks for the plug, really glad you guy's enjoyed your stay.
have now put sight in fav's
post #5 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 6:30 pm
cws

Garage

Welcome Betty!
Sounds like Phil & crew had a great time....
cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #6 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 6:49 pm

Now on my "to do" list.

John & Karen

2005 K1200LT Charcoal
1985ish Yamaha FJ 1200 (gone )
1971 Honda CB350 (gone)
post #7 of 9 Old Jul 12th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Thanks for the welcome Chris

and everyones more than welcome anytime
post #8 of 9 Old Jul 15th, 2008, 1:02 am

Talking Re: Wine Tasting week Mount View Estate, Hunter Valley

G'day Phill, Betty and all,

I knew that I would find Phill yapping on here instead of working.
Yeah he reckons he works for a living - yeah, yeah.

The holiday Phill referred to at the Hunter Valley courtesy of Betty and Mount View Estate was just brilliant. Thanks Betty.

Phill forgot to say that Mount View is a small winery that produces several excellent wines. We (especially me) took it upon ourselves to test all for quality and quantity and found that they are well worth trying. Loz and I are very happy members of their wine club and have been for over 12 months. Try them some time, you won't be sorry.

http://www.mtviewestate.com.au/

You just never know where you will meet K1200LT owners. It was a nice surprise to discover that Betty and Pete were LT owners. We enjoyed our week at 'the Lodge' immensely.

The trip continued to Mt Hotham for another week. It was fine on the Sunday we arrived with a little snow lying around perfect for us Rockhampton types. Then from Sunday night on it was a blizzard until Wednesday the only day it didn't snow. We loved it, though it was a bit of a bother having to get all rugged up each time you wanted to go out. Tried skiing and discovered over the week that it is a lot more dangerous than motorcycle riding. My aging body does not bend like it used to. So I have more than a few aches and pains that I have not had for a long time.

I have washed all the bikes now and will give them all a bit of a ride over the next few days. I don't want them to think that I have forgotten them.

Cheers all.

Shane,
Bright,
Australia

2001 K1200LT Metallic Mauve - Merlot. (Deceased)
2003 Ducati 999 Testastretta, Red (of course) - Demos.
2005 Cagiva Xtra Raptor 1000, Bat Black - Rex.
2006 Cagiva Raptor 650, Red - Gina (sold)
Bike Trailer for Merlot - Cabernet.
2007 Ducati 1098S Tricolore
2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2012 Yamaha Tenere XT660Z
2015 Yamaha MT09
post #9 of 9 Old Jul 15th, 2008, 5:54 am

Glad you made it home safe Shane.

It was great meeting up with people that have the same great taste as ourselves

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in