The BEST Christmas present ever! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 6:25 pm Thread Starter

Talking The BEST Christmas present ever!

I've just received the BEST Christmas present...

My wife is pregnant with our first child! Whooohoooo!

I am one happy LTer

Cheers all and have a great one...

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 6:29 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Congrats! Now that's great news. Only a while ago you were planning on getting married.

Now that's a Christmas present.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 36 Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 7:01 pm

They grow up to fast

Congradulations Mate!! One day they are small and the next they are all grown up and getting ready to leave home. These guys were just babies yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1267  

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

post #4 of 36 Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 7:03 pm

Congrats! That first one is really special. Of course the later ones are too, but the first one is the most exciting.

Only problem is that you will now have to buy THREE tickets to come to CCR!

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #5 of 36 Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 7:10 pm

Thumbs up

Excellent news Ian!

Best wishes to you and your wife...

Keep us posted on how things go - sometimes the nest-building instinct of the wife can be maddening.... Painting, wall papering, furnishing, repainting, maybe we need a new house, more furnishing, etc.....
post #6 of 36 Old Dec 24th, 2005, 12:11 am

Thumbs up Well done mate

Congratulations Ian & Mrs Onions . Here's to a safe arrival next year, a brand new 2006 LT pillion. Merry Christmas indeed.

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

post #7 of 36 Old Dec 24th, 2005, 1:41 am

Smile

Onions,

I hope it all works out well and its all "smooth sailing" so to speak...

or is it "smooth riding" ;-))

Dez
post #8 of 36 Old Dec 24th, 2005, 2:09 am

G'day Ian & Lena,

What terrific news, Congratulations to you both. That is certainly a great present to you both. My Grandson's first birthday is next week. Life is wonderful and precious. take care and a Merry christmas.

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia
post #9 of 36 Old Dec 24th, 2005, 3:49 am

Mate, Congratulations, it's a good thing.....

Happy Christmas from

Daz

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway…..

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

Growing Old Disgracefully.....
post #10 of 36 Old Dec 26th, 2005, 10:48 pm
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Thumbs up

Fantastic news Ian, congrats' to both Lena and yourself. Wow, what a great Christmas treat ! Do I see a "hacked" LT over the horizon. :-)
No matter what the work schedule, just remember "be there" Most amazing experience ever. Catch up in 06. Cheers Hilton & Rena
post #11 of 36 Old Dec 28th, 2005, 6:22 am

CONGRATULATIONS
may everything just work out well, the baby and the mother be of perfect health our best wishes are with you guys. . . . and get some sleep while you still can. By the way, once birth arises you want to be there thats where family truly starts bonding . . . .

99' K12LT champagne
80' XJ 650 red
If you don't respect yourself who else will?
post #12 of 36 Old Dec 29th, 2005, 6:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by onions

I am one happy LTer

Congrats, Ian:

The only thing better than children are grad children and I just received the 2nd Best Christmas present ever. Our daughter is expecting her second child -- that will make grand baby number 9!

Incredible!!!

Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #13 of 36 Old Dec 29th, 2005, 3:59 pm Thread Starter

Thank-you ALL for your kind thoughts and best wishes. I have been reading the replies to my beautiful wife...each one getting a smile and a "oh...isn't that nice"...

We go for our first ultrasound next week at which time we are told that you can see the babies heart beating...we are both pretty exciting about it!

I'll try to resist boring you all and posting about every step along the journey...but no guarantees

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

post #14 of 36 Old Dec 29th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Quote:
I'll try to resist boring you all and posting about every step along the journey...but no guarantees
Go a head and bore us, please! We are all family and are very happy for you two.

God bless:

Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #15 of 36 Old Dec 29th, 2005, 5:53 pm

Yeah.. now that is some good news!

Congrats on the new life!.. things will never be "the same".. here's your chance to bring more sanity and love to this world of ours... Welcome to the club!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #16 of 36 Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 9:04 pm

Baby magic!!

Congratulations to you and your wife Ian.
I can still remember the birth of my daughter Samantha now 23 and My son Allan 21 as though it were only yesterday. These we the most emotional times in our married lives. I think children are the true meaning of life.
May you and your wife experience the same love we have enjoyed with our children over the years.

Nick & Cathy
post #17 of 36 Old Jan 5th, 2006, 5:09 am

Thumbs up

Goodonya pal, and your good lady as well naturally. We used to be in that club and I can tell you it is the most exciting one you will ever join. Great news and all the best for a stress free pregnancy for your wife.
post #18 of 36 Old Jan 6th, 2006, 6:49 am

Onions,
Make sure when you go for the ultra sounds that you take a blank video cassette with you so they can put it on video tape for you.
If they dont do it for you, get them to take some photos for you and put them in a photo album.

If they do put it on video tape, make sure you get it transfered to DVD ASAP.
post #19 of 36 Old Jan 8th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Good on ya!

Congradulations, you have no idea how fantastic it is to be a father. See attached of me an my two year old on the LT. (and yes, I am going very slow)

CW3PWR
Manassas, VA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1691.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	553.1 KB
ID:	1480   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1693.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	665.8 KB
ID:	1481  
post #20 of 36 Old Jan 8th, 2006, 6:24 pm Thread Starter

CW3PWR, that is one cute kid... I can guess what he wants when he grows up eh?

Thanks for the post,
post #21 of 36 Old May 19th, 2006, 2:52 pm

Baby on the way...

Ian, just ran across this old post of yours......Congrats! That's wonderful! Time to go by a "little LT". We just had our 8th grandchild yesterday 5/18. Man I am feeling OLD! Great news mate! Ron Ray
post #22 of 36 Old May 20th, 2006, 8:50 pm Thread Starter

Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlray
Ian, just ran across this old post of yours......Congrats! That's wonderful! Time to go by a "little LT". We just had our 8th grandchild yesterday 5/18. Man I am feeling OLD! Great news mate! Ron Ray
Thanks Ron, your thoughts are much appreciated!
Lena and I have just passed the 26 week mark and boy is she getting big...with still a couple of months to go, I left wondering just how big this baby is going to be...and how on earth will it come out?

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

post #23 of 36 Old May 20th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Question Hhmmn...

BABY.

Or . . .

B A B I E S ! ! !

post #24 of 36 Old May 21st, 2006, 10:01 pm
cws

Garage
Hey Ian, you'll have to post a pic... 3-up on the LT....!
'Spose you haven't been getting to ride anywhere too much lately, at least not together?
Keep us updated ;-)
Chris

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #25 of 36 Old May 22nd, 2006, 6:02 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
BABY.
Or . . .
B A B I E S ! ! !
Hey Joe...same thought crossed my mind once or twice, that's for sure. Thinking that I might have to get me a sidecar for the LT

But the doc reckons that there is only one little tacker in there...sure hope he knows what he's doing eh?

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

post #26 of 36 Old May 22nd, 2006, 6:04 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Hey Ian, you'll have to post a pic... 3-up on the LT....!
'Spose you haven't been getting to ride anywhere too much lately, at least not together?
Keep us updated ;-)
Chris
Thanks Chris, would have to get a wide angle lens...perhaps a 'fisheye' to get the whole belly in at the moment Lena is steering clear of the bike just for now, wouldn't be able to forgive ourselves if something silly happened...

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

post #27 of 36 Old May 24th, 2006, 4:46 am

Aaaaaahhhh yes.The joys of fatherhood.

Today our youngest sibbling all of 1 year and a few months has discovered how wonderfull it is to crawl along the floor and close doors around the house.

Untill today...

I recieved a call this afternoon at work (i was out of town) from my wife telling me she just paid a lock smith $110(AUD) to come round and unlock the house.
Our youngest sibbling had crawled over to the front door and closed it on my wife when she walked out to get the car to unload the shopping.the door was locked.the keys in the house.
My wife then spent about 15 minutes walking the street trying to find a house with someone home to use their phone to call a lock smith to open the door.
My wife told the lock smith that our child was locked in the house.
The locksmith said, then get the child to unlock the door.
My wife replied, our child is only about 2 foot tall and she is still only able to master the words Dada and Muma, and lacks the ability to reach the door handle,let alone have the strength to turn it, nor can she even walk yet.The most walking she has managed is 6 steps before a face plant in to the floor with much tears and screaming directly followed.
The locksmith said, ah ha. i will be there in 10 minutes.

Upon entering our dwelling after the locksmith had done his work our daughter crawled to the door and shut it again, but lucky enough my wife had entered and unlocked the door.

I just cracked up laughing.
After i got off the phone one of my work mates asked me what was so funny and i explained it to him. He had a good laugh and told me that my wife was not alone and the same thing had happened to him and his wife when their children were similar ages.

Onions, im sure you will have plenty of stories to share with us like this in the years to follow.

I for one look forward to reading them

I could go on for ages with some funny stories from my kids,but i wont bore you to death.

Onions, do you own a video camera?
If not do you know someone who does?
If so your in for some treats my friend.I suggest you keep a tape next to it at all times and a spare battry in it and charged at all times, cos you just never know when you might be needing it
post #28 of 36 Old May 24th, 2006, 3:16 pm

Smile Also

these kinds of photographic memories are great for mucho embarassment for later on at 18th and 21st birthday parties when you can put up a rogues gallery for the delight of family, friends and guests. Insert maniacal sinister laugh here <Bwhahahahahahahaha> Would I do this to my kids??? YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Hope the last half of the pregnancy goes well for the 3 of you Ian.

Ride safe mate

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
What am I?

post #29 of 36 Old May 26th, 2006, 6:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dog
these kinds of photographic memories are great for mucho embarassment for later on at 18th and 21st birthday parties when you can put up a rogues gallery for the delight of family, friends and guests. Insert maniacal sinister laugh here <Bwhahahahahahahaha> Would I do this to my kids??? YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Big Dog,
I *LIKE* your way of thinking
post #30 of 36 Old Jun 1st, 2006, 5:33 am

Smile

Quote:

I am one happy LTer

Onions,
Can i be added to the "ME TOO" club.
I have been biting my tongue for a while now.
My wife went for a scan on the weekend.we are about 5 months along now.My wife is getting very round, very fast.We have our fingers crossed all goes well,we have had a few complications in previous pregnancys.We have a few sons/daughters who are angels now and we think of them regularly.

This time round i *WILL* get a photo our our baby in the top box of the LT.
I hope all is going well at your end.

Dez.
post #31 of 36 Old Jun 1st, 2006, 3:24 pm

Thumbs up Congrats

Dez, hope it is a safe and happy time for you, Mrs Dez and the kids. Another prospective rider joins the fray .

Ride safe mate

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
What am I?

post #32 of 36 Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 4:37 am
cws

Garage
more babies...!

best of luck Dez, they can be a real joy, just a pain in the ass when they grow up.. (see my PC post....).
Hope all goes well this time round for you both.
So that'll be 2 LT's with sidecars, huh?

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #33 of 36 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 7:00 am Thread Starter

Congrats mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezrae
Onions,
Can i be added to the "ME TOO" club.
I have been biting my tongue for a while now.
My wife went for a scan on the weekend.we are about 5 months along now.My wife is getting very round, very fast.We have our fingers crossed all goes well,we have had a few complications in previous pregnancys.We have a few sons/daughters who are angels now and we think of them regularly.

This time round i *WILL* get a photo our our baby in the top box of the LT.
I hope all is going well at your end.

Dez.
Dez,
That is indeed fantastic news mate. Please pass on my best wishes to your wife also! I hope that all goes well mate and sounds like there will be two LT 'cousins' born around the same time... Best that we get them both together at some stage too!

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

post #34 of 36 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 7:40 am

Smile

Thanks guys... i feel kinda bad cos i have not even told my family yet...
oh yeah i have, i told the bmw list... :-))

My wife hasnt told her family yet either...

oh well.
I recon we might just wait till bub has been delivered and i will call them all and say hey, gues what!!

heheheh..

I know full well kids can be a pain in the rear end... i used to be one, yeah a kid, and a pain in the rear end :-))

I dont need a side car for the LT, i already have a trailer i will just throw all our kids in there and lock it shut put Mrs Dez on the pillion seat and go for a "family ride" some time....

Might end up at Onions place for a BBQ or something ;-)

Take care
post #35 of 36 Old Jun 7th, 2006, 2:01 am
cws

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezrae
I dont need a side car for the LT, i already have a trailer i will just throw all our kids in there and lock it shut put Mrs Dez on the pillion seat and go for a "family ride" some time....
While in Tassie last weekend we passed a bike and sidecar, and at the rear end of the sidecar was a small space, maybe 18" deep, and the family dog was happily sitting there, just looking back down the road at the cars following.....

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #36 of 36 Old Jun 7th, 2006, 5:35 am

That would have been cool to see.i bet the dog was loving it.

You sometime see it here round the twin cities (Townsville - Thuringowa) there is bikers with their dog on the tank and the dog just loves every second of it.

Funny aint it.A dog loves to sit on the bike and get wind in its face, but you blow on a dogs face and it hates it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in