Z Technics, Ausy contact - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 6:50 am Thread Starter

Z Technics, Ausy contact

Hi Guys,
Been some time since we met at Coff's.
Just thought I'd mention to those of you with LT's or similar that we have our very own ZTechnics agent now living in the East Coast of this fine country.
This is an American supplier of all the add on's for Beamers, Things like arm rests, "V Stream" wind screens and the Trunk Rack for the top box, just to name a few items that can be obtained from this company.
The contact details for this very helpful guy are:
The companies name = Mototoys
The contact name is = Rod Janzen
contact number is = 0400284840
His prices are better than direct from the U S of A as he's really great to deal with. A bike rider as well.
He's a little hard to contact straight off the cuff, as Rod is a Fireman. But he will return your calls and real easy to talk to.
Anyway any questions and I would be more than prepared to assist.
Regards,
Bruce
WA
#ULYSSES 39110
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 6:54 am
cws

Garage
Re: Z Technics, Ausy contact

Hi Bruce.
I've looked at his site a few times for the Z-technik screen. Seems his prices are pretty reasonable from what I remember.
Did you buy something from him?
cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 15 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 7:27 am Thread Starter

Hi Chris,
Yes have purchased the arm rest from the States and now purchased the Screen and Top box Rack. Price for both amounted to $649.00 landed here in Perth. I have to wait for my bike to return after some serious panel damage
received on Good Friday whilst heading South. Took on a Toyota Ute head on.
Going very slow and carefully around a corner covered with loose stones.
Both the "Speed Limiter" and I undamaged although the bike suffered major damage ($5800) to the front.
Rods really easy to talk to and more than eager to please.

post #4 of 15 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 5:49 pm

Garage

thanks for the heads up Bruce I have an eagle screen on mine very distorted to look through I hate it, I have been putting off getting another one and looking into one from the states but its so expensive mainly the shipping smaller items are not so bad. my original is stuffed cant put it back on

edit: good luck with your repairs glad your ok.

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT

Last edited by Axle; Apr 22nd, 2008 at 6:05 pm.
post #5 of 15 Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 4:46 am Thread Starter

Hi Linton,
I purchased both the screen and top box rack through Rod, after approaching the States and being advised that we have our own dealer now.
The difference between them both was about $40.00 Aust cheaper with a reduced postage fee. Where most things around the kilo or two work out to be around $85.00 Aus this lot cost all up $30.00 So well in front and only had to wait 5 days before there was a postal advise note in my letter box.
I've given our local dealer the rack to fit while they have the bike and I'll fit the screen when the arrives home again.
The screen I'm replacing is an Eagle screen to my design, I've been very happy with it, although the "Speed Limiter" still has the odd winge about tubulance. This is what the new screens been designed to reduce and stands after mounting approx 5" (125mm for you younguns) higher than the standard BMW screen that comes on the bike.
Bruce
post #6 of 15 Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 4:48 am

Garage
Thumbs up Re: Z Technics, Ausy contact

I have ordered my new z technic screen what a great guy to deal with. sending it tomorrow and if I dont like it send it back full refund no questions asked.

Edit: I have today ordered my new trunk latch from the states should be here in a couple of weeks cant wait for it to come

Regards Linton

2002 K1200LT
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
post #7 of 15 Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 4:52 am Thread Starter

Hi Linton,
Yep, real easy guy to deal with and a pleasure at the end of the day to make the deal with, he'd actually sent off the goods to me before receiving my cheque which takes some trust in your fellow man eh!
Hope you're happy, the side and top seem to be the main areas of change.
Bruce
post #8 of 15 Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 5:55 am
cws

Garage

sounds like a great contact guys, thanks.

Bruce, didn't really pick up on the accident part before... glad you're both OK!! Guess you were both well-dressed for the "occasion" since no reports of gravel rash.....?

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #9 of 15 Old Apr 24th, 2008, 4:42 am Thread Starter

Gidday Chris,
Always ride with the Dragons and a Jacket, alway have.
The bike was actually stuck with the front wheel, guard and parts of the faring stuck under his roo bar. We were able to step off the bike without holding same until we dislodged bike, the trailer and passengers were unharmed (LUCKY EH !).

Wouldn't have been on anything else !

Last edited by BruceFPrichard; Apr 24th, 2008 at 5:00 am.
post #10 of 15 Old Apr 24th, 2008, 5:50 pm
cws

Garage

This is why I always carry a camera on the bike!!!!
Glad you're both OK!

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #11 of 15 Old Apr 30th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Garage

hi all
well I have recieved the new ztecknic screen from mototoys and tried it out it is a tad tall dont need to raise it at all solo, but will be ok it is fantastic to look through zero distorsion great service and delivery from supplier.
now just waiting for the new trunk latch from the states

Regards Linton

2002 K1200LT
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
post #12 of 15 Old Nov 15th, 2008, 9:12 pm
cws

Garage

After the Snowy Ride I decided to buy a Ztechnic Vstream from Rod at Mototoys. He had one available (pre-exchange rate disaster according to website) bit it was still fairly pricey at $319.
Installed yesterday (took all of 10 minutes, including cleaning the built-up grime off the metal clips that sit against the shield) but not had a ride yet.
Significantly taller than the Euro-cut OEM short shield I've been used to, so I hope that isn't a problem with the daily commute. If it is I'll swap back to the short shield for summer and use it for longer trips or winter running.

How have you guys been finding yours, still happy with them after a number of months running?

Chris

comparison pics here

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #13 of 15 Old Nov 16th, 2008, 2:46 am

Re: Z Technics - VStream Screen

G'day Chris and Everyone,

I recently purchased the VStream screen from Rod in NSW, Rode with it for a while but found it a little tall. This screen would be perfect if it was 3 inches shorter. We found two up it did reduce some buffeting but Simone was finding it very annoying in her ears. She experienced constant drone at certain speeds, a little like coming down from a mountain. She thought the buffeting was easier to put up with. I also found with the screen being so tall, it is a little distracting having the top edge of the screen right in your line of sight. I was finding that I was always trying to raise my head a little, plus in traffic this was a concer in regards to concentration.

It,s now back in the box. I am 180cm so reasonably tall and this screen is just to high.
It's for sale if anyone is interested.

I have gone back to using my vision screen from NZ. This is excellent but I thought with the shape of the Vstream that this would make things just that much better. It did not.
I must note though that the quality of finnish is excellent.

Ride safe

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia
post #14 of 15 Old Nov 29th, 2008, 11:52 pm

Garage

as stated they are a bit tall but I love mine the missus said it was great, just done 2 weeks in tassie and had it up full every day didnt break it even when we fell off right side of the bike is not pretty.

Regards Linton

2002 K1200LT
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
post #15 of 15 Old Nov 30th, 2008, 12:35 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle
...didnt break it even when we fell off right side of the bike is not pretty.
Hi Linton,
I hope that you guys are both okay... What happened?

Ian

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in