New to the LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Mar 17th, 2008, 5:45 am Thread Starter

New to the LT

Hi all,
Traded my 04 FJR1300 in on a 02LT with all the trimmings about 3 weeks ago, and i gotta say........what a bike!!!! Have managed to get away for a weekend up to Gloucster from Sydney, and we had a run up to Rylstone on Sunday just past. I've only managed to put 1300k's on it so far, but am enjoying every klick. (The missus isn't complaining about the back seat anymore, thats for sure)

I noticed a thread dated last year asking if anyone was riding in Sydney that particular weekend. I am a member of a recently formed club called the Odyssians (we're EX Southern Cross Cruisers who prefer to ride, rather than polish our bikes), we have a Sunday ride every 2nd week, organised weekends away and we attend most of the rallies in NSW. We have a variety of bikes in the club, including another BMW, a Valkyrie, some FJR's, some cruisers, even one of them dirty big Suzuki Boulevard things. If anyone is interested in a ride look up our website for the ride roster. www.odyssians.com.au anyone would be more than welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Mar 19th, 2008, 7:11 am
cws

Garage
Re: New to the LT

Welcome Steve

a short post as its late... but hey, welcome!

cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 10 Old Mar 19th, 2008, 8:24 am

Welcome aboard! yup.. we are kinda partial to the LT here on this site... but welcome most folks with the primary hope that they at least RIDE!!!!

Also, good to see folks over in Australia riding more... amazing that the tires stick, even upside down!!! (Just kidding, I know we in the "northern" hemisphere see things wrong.)

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #4 of 10 Old Mar 19th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Welcome from Victoria - the riding capital of Australia.
post #5 of 10 Old Mar 19th, 2008, 9:27 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome guys. I 've found this forum to be very informative and a big help with alot of those little questions you find when you ride a different bike for the first time. ie tire hum/roar, ABS light blinking, smoke from the exuast when you start it off the side stand, little things that you hope are just part of the character of the bike, not major problems. A guy named axle even helped me out with some instructions on the use of the 02 GPS. What a great bunch
I do have a question though i get a noise from the brakes when they are applied, even at stand still. It sounds like a booster of some sort. I did fix it by turning the stereo up , but was just wondering if this is normal as well. I have a 3 month warrentee from the dealer, and i'd like to get any problems fixed before that runs out.
post #6 of 10 Old Mar 20th, 2008, 12:33 am

Garage

well if its the same as mine it is normal, it will also make the same noise without the engine running ignition on.. and apply either brake its an electronic servo unit (I think) in the braking system, someone else will know the name of the culprit

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
post #7 of 10 Old Mar 20th, 2008, 3:23 am

Hi Steve,

Welcome aboard! All of us Sydney people must organise a ride one of these days!

Cheers,

Brendan
post #8 of 10 Old Mar 20th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum..
I agree with Brendan, if and when you do decide to take a ride from Sydney as a group, you might like to consider heading North for an overnight get together at some venue (yet to be decided) so that a few of us 'northerners' could also participate..

Good luck and take care to all..
Col
post #9 of 10 Old Mar 20th, 2008, 2:27 pm

G'day mate, and echoing the others, Welcome!

If you have any questions in relation to how to use the site (functions etc) then please don't hesitate to ask me or drop me a PM etc. As the moderator for this forum I can edit/delete/move/amend posts etc etc

Cheers and enjoy your stay here

Ian

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #10 of 10 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 9:19 am

G'day Steve and welcome to the forum. I'm currently in Canada (working unfortunately) but I'd be interested in catching up with the Sydney LTer's when I get back and re-register the bike.

Ride safe all.

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in