Snowy Ride 07 - pictures - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Nov 11th, 2007, 3:39 am Thread Starter

Snowy Ride 07 - pictures

Hello,

It was great to meet everyone over the weekend. Thanks to Chris for organising the ride and dinner on Saturday. What a fantastic weekend!

Here are some of the photos that we took around Thredbo and surrounds

http://gallery.mac.com/bmalone#100102

Can't wait until Snowy ride 08!

Cheers,

Brendan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Nov 11th, 2007, 3:56 am

Great pics Brendan, but you missed the all important line up seeing you snuck away early.
Had a great time too , beautiful weather despite a bit of rain/sleet/hail on Friday.
Anyway, here are a few more from the weekend. First is a shot heading down into Jindabyne on Saturday. Second is the LT "boys" on the road from Dalgety to Berridale (Kevin nearest, Brendon just going onto bridge, and Chris about to leave bridge. Third is the LT line up Sunday morning in Thredbo, just about to leave Daz, Chris, Kevin and me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jindabyne Beautiful day.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	15164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dalgety-Berridale.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	15165   Click image for larger version

Name:	LT line-up.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	15166  

Orange, NSW
'99 K1200LT - Basalt Grey (traded in for)
2007 GL1800 - Dark Orange Metallic
Ulysses Member 32701

Last edited by BrianD; Nov 11th, 2007 at 4:03 am.
post #3 of 15 Old Nov 14th, 2007, 4:33 am
cws

Garage
and more pics

Hey, another great Snowy weekend. Finally got time to post some pics here.
So, we did a little better this year at Thredbo, 5 BMWLT Aussie riders met up.
Great to catch up with Brian & Mim, Kevin & Vicki, and Daz, and meet Jen. Also great to meet Brendan & Sam for the first time!
We had great weather (at least Sat & Sunday!) Not too cold this year, and not too hot either.
Come on 2008!

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #4 of 15 Old Nov 14th, 2007, 6:24 am

Y'all know you're driving on the wrong side of the road! LOL

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #5 of 15 Old Nov 14th, 2007, 4:20 pm

Missed a good one...

Great pics guys, looks like I missed a fantastic weekend eh? Ah well, next time...

Really pleased that it was a safe one too...!

Onions

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #6 of 15 Old Nov 14th, 2007, 4:32 pm
cws

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
Y'all know you're driving on the wrong side of the road! LOL
naaaah, you're just looking at 'em upside-down Brett!

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #7 of 15 Old Nov 14th, 2007, 4:40 pm
cws

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onions
Great pics guys, looks like I missed a fantastic weekend eh? Ah well, next time...

Really pleased that it was a safe one too...!

Onions
No excuses next time Ian... need someone to help keep those mad Victorians in check!
Some idiot with the red numberplate "Doggie" and a pillion on board undertook me on a bend coming back from Charlotte's Pass, I was at around 80-90kph. He would have been doing at least 30kph more than me. Luckily I saw him coming in mirror a second or so before he ducked inside me, otherwise I would have moved across into the same line.
Only reported accident on the weekend was 2 bikes collided head-on in a bend, both in hospital, but no fatals thankfully!
Other than that, a great ride.

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #8 of 15 Old Nov 14th, 2007, 4:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Some idiot with the red numberplate "Doggie" and a pillion on board undertook me on a bend coming back from Charlotte's Pass, I was at around 80-90kph. He would have been doing at least 30kph more than me.
Sounds like I might have to ride up on a BMW with blue and red lights on it instead!?!

Fairdinkum...no wonder that some riders come unstuck...there are some absolute idiots out there... Imagine being the pillion on that bike??? I would punch the rider in the face as soon as we got off...

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #9 of 15 Old Nov 15th, 2007, 7:24 am

sounds like it was a great weekend. I thought that the may have been more LT's than that, not as many as we had at Coff's. Would have been there but a fraction too far for a weekend getaway. Just got back from a 4 day jaunt down to Esperance home to change trailers put the nagavotor on the back and head off to Margaret River for a 3 day trip
post #10 of 15 Old Nov 17th, 2007, 1:20 am
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Smile Some pics

Looks like you had some great Wx too. Glad to see everyone enjoying the roads and sun. Managed to see some pics on a Suzuki site last week, but I do prefer the LT's for background colour

Jenna: Ocean Blue '06
Hilton: Head of the Steering Committee.
Rena: The Committee.
ET4 Thing 1
ET4 Thing 2
post #11 of 15 Old Nov 17th, 2007, 3:01 pm

Hi Everyone,
Great photo's on the weekend, glad everyone had a great time and returned home safely. I was surprised to see so much snow still on the mountain.

On a seperate note, I have sold my LT and it is going to a good home in Darwin next Friday. The new owner (Fred) is flying down and riding it back. It will be a great trip for him to get used to the bike, and realise what a wonderful bike these LT's really are.

Sold it in a nick of time too, because I done a deal last Monday on a near new Nacra F18 catamaran, and the house suddenly went very quiet. So hopefully the sale of the beemer will appease the god of war and finance, and everything will return to normal soon.

Anyway take care everyone, I will be checking in here every now and then to see what your all up too, and to make sure your all behaving yourselves. LOL.

Take care

Cheers for now

Barry

Barry Lane
Brisbane
Australia
99 Champane K1200LT
View my ride photos here

post #12 of 15 Old Nov 18th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Smile

G'day Everyone,

It's great everyone had a good time, Simone reminds me occasionaly about my forward planning. Hopefully next year we can make it.
Barry I think you are gonna get the blue every now and then and miss the battlestar. Guess we will just have to make sure we tell you about all the good rides we have and attach plenty of photos.

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia
post #13 of 15 Old Nov 19th, 2007, 5:27 am

Hi Jake,
Yep I'm going to miss the bike sooner or later. But I have a mate on the Gold Coast (my partner in the boat) who owns an R1100RT who reckons I can borrow his bike any time I get the urge to ride again. So thats a good back up for now.

I was possed the question the other day about what I'd get next time, and I think in all honesty I'd most likely go back to another Jap tourer of some sort. Perhaps an St1300 Honda, FJR Yamaha, or even the new GTR1400 Kwaka looks pretty good on paper.

I enjoyed owning the LT, and had no reliability problems with it at all. Parts and service backup was the main concern for me. In most major towns there is a Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki dealer, but thats just not the case with BMW. It was always in the back of my mind when I'd head out on a long trip, that if anything went wrong with my LT, I knew that I would essentially be screwed, and the bike would have to be transported to a major city for repairs.

It never really worried me, but it is an important issue to at least consider in our country, when we have such vast distances between outback towns and cities where there is no dealer representation.

That and servicing the stupid air cleaner. LOL.

Cheers

BArry

Barry Lane
Brisbane
Australia
99 Champane K1200LT
View my ride photos here

post #14 of 15 Old Nov 19th, 2007, 5:31 am
cws

Garage
Barry, enjoy your new rides.... whatever they may be. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun whatever you're on. Keep posting the odd video mate,
regards

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #15 of 15 Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:57 pm

What Chris said

Enjoy the NACRA mate. They're the F1 of the cat world. Maybe catch up with you in Townsville next year, if the bug starts biting before then?

Keep safe mate.

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in