Systems 4 Helmet visor. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Oct 6th, 2007, 1:56 am Thread Starter

Systems 4 Helmet visor.

Greetings people.

Anyone lately attempted to purchase a systems 4/evo 4 clear visor?

I spoke with my local BMW parts boffin and he informs me they all have suffered a manufacturing fault and the visors are de-laminating somewhat.

They do however, still sell them for $99.00. The good side of all this is BMW AU are aware of the problem and are offering a lengthy warrenty period for them. It seems they won't be securing more supplies and are telling people to "just go out and purchase the new systems 5 helmet". What a top attitude. So here I have a perfectly good systems 4 helmet ($850 worth) and I may be puchasing a faulty visor for it. Not to good hey!

Kindest regards to all.

Paul Harrington
SA
E: [email protected]

1999 K1200LT Champagne "Bismarck"
1983 base K100 "Bavarian Belle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 6th, 2007, 10:06 pm
cws

Garage
visors

Hi Paul.

Had that exact issue with my partner's Sport Integral. Scratched the original (after only having it few days, rolled off the seat at last Snowy..) so I bought a replacement visor. Got it home and swapped the visors, only to find it had a funny (foggy/dirty?) look to it. She tried to clean it with water, and it started delaminating! Took it back to dealer the following week, looked at another 3 they had there, and swapped for one that "looked" clean & clear. No problems with that one since.
So, if anyone needs a new one, go through the available ones at look for one thats clear, not a little foggy looking!

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 5 Old Oct 7th, 2007, 5:45 am Thread Starter

Greetings Chris.

I'm quite surprised you're having a very similar problem with the new Sports Integral. The more I hear about some BMW endorsed products lately, the more disappointed I'm becoming. Visor technology isn't that difficult...they should have all these problems well and truly sorted by now.

I've ordered a replacement visor for my systems 4 that arrives this week which sounds like there will only be the one to choose from. Figures hey!

If it's stuffed I'll just go out and buy a pair of clear industrial safety glasses and use them instead. Ah yes, BMW. Why do we put ourselves through it?

Cheers and kindest regards to all.

Paul Harrington
SA
E: [email protected]

ps. any rumours about the new LT?

1999 K1200LT Champagne "Bismarck"
1983 base K100 "Bavarian Belle"

post #4 of 5 Old Oct 9th, 2007, 11:30 am

At least you can buy BMW helmets in Australia. here in the USA, they are not sold at all ( some liability issues that BMW doesn 't want to address). I have a system 4, and when i need lenses, parts, I have to import them from Canada or France. I ususally go to france every year and I have the french delaler order me a few lenses.

Larry
2009 Deep Blue K1300GT
post #5 of 5 Old Oct 30th, 2007, 4:44 am

Hey there Paul mate how are you

I had that happen to one of my visors and a friend in the local branch used to have a sys 4 and just got the new sys 5 and found he still had a spare visor and cheekpad for the openface conversion on the sys 4 so he gave them to me. I found the demister film inner liner started to blister on mine so was really happy to get replacement. But would like to try and get a iridium one which they never bought out to aus it seems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in