Bike Service - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Aug 15th, 2007, 8:54 am Thread Starter

Bike Service

G'day Everyone,

Just curious and thought it may be handy for some to know where we pay our money out to.

Where do you get your bike serviced at and are you happy with the service.

Southbank Happy

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Aug 15th, 2007, 9:31 am

Cafe Racer - Extremely happy!!

It's a one-man outfit in a little town half hour out of Bathurst. He is an ex-racer who lives, breathes and loves motorbikes and hates to see riders being ripped off by bike shops who don't care.

Orange, NSW
'99 K1200LT - Basalt Grey (traded in for)
2007 GL1800 - Dark Orange Metallic
Ulysses Member 32701
post #3 of 7 Old Aug 15th, 2007, 5:22 pm

Over here in the West we only have one choice for dealer service - Auto Classic. Just as well they are excellent to deal with.

For non dealer service Munich Motorcycles is impossible to beat.

post #4 of 7 Old Aug 16th, 2007, 3:48 am

I do most myself, but when I can't, I take the bike to a mate of mine who's good with them, and let him do the work. I've only taken it to him once.

Cheers

Barry

Barry Lane
Brisbane
Australia
99 Champane K1200LT
View my ride photos here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old Aug 16th, 2007, 5:50 am

Greetings people.

I get both my BM's serviced/repaired at, without doubt, the best BMW service technician in South Australia. His client base grows weekly and his expertise and attention to detail is state-of-the-art. He works on K, R and F series BM's and calls his business Lee McPeake Engineering.

If you ever find yourself in SA with a BMW bike problem, this guy will not let you down. Drop me an email and I'll send over his details. You should keep them handy on your next ride over this way.

Cheers and kindest regards to all.

Paul Harrington
SA
E: [email protected]

1999 K1200LT Champagne "Bismarck"
1983 base K100 "Bavarian Belle"
post #6 of 7 Old Aug 17th, 2007, 1:59 am
cws

Garage
Caught between a rock and a hard place here... I'm 10 minutes from ProCycles St Peters, and still trying to figure out if the new management & staff that's been running the place over the last 12 months has got it all together. I have to say that the last few warranty (and accident) issues they've fixed for me have been very well handled for the most part and a major improvement over the experiences I had at the old Tom Byrnes, before it was taken over by PC.
Bought from Worthingtons (Central Coast, NSW) which is a good hour + north of me, because of "the deal" (bettered ProCycles by about $5k) and the service was very good, clean workshop, knowledgable and friendly staff, only let down a little by non-bike-riding service manager staff.
I guess I'm not truly in a "comfort" zone yet with service and distance v convenience.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #7 of 7 Old Aug 18th, 2007, 3:48 am

Yeah Service

I have had to pay for a fair bit of that, mostly repairs. I have only had "service" done in the context of other repairs, and so the cost of a standard service is still unknown. What is it? what are you all paying for a "standard service" ? What will a 40,000 K service going to cost me? Mine is due. I think the work I have had done so far has been very good. All done at Ringwood BMW workshop.
The guy in Geelong is by all accounts very costly! along with Southbank from every thing i have heard of them. The local guys at ballarat all seem to buy at Albury and most take there bikes back there for service and are all happy so far. But I will go back to Ringwood probably, I may ring around for a Quote on this next one. What do you all think about this idea? Am I inviting shoddy work if I get a quote?

02 BMW K1200LT. 02 Aprilia Caponord. 76 BMW R90/6.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in