Aussie LT Trike? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 3:28 pm Thread Starter

Aussie LT Trike?

Sent a request to Hannigans over in the US abouyt getting a trike set up sent here. My back isn't getting any better so I'm planning ahead and looking at options. They reckon there are already acouple of units over here in Oz, anyone seen one of these floating around or know someone who has one please? I'd like to make contact with them and discuss what legalities they went through to comply with the Aussie ADR's and local state requirements.

There is another mob called Wegdetail Outriders www.wedgetailoutriders.com.au that have a bolt up trike frame set up that can be removed if you want to go back to to wheels. Just looking at options ATM. Can anyone assist?

TIA

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jul 4th, 2007, 7:23 am

trike guy in ballarat

big dog there is a guy here in ballarat who has done quite a few R series trikes, I think they are too narrow as he does them, do you want any more info, His name is George Langley. He does the whole thing himself.

02 BMW K1200LT. 02 Aprilia Caponord. 76 BMW R90/6.
post #3 of 9 Old Jul 4th, 2007, 5:12 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up

G'day Dave

Thanks mate, I'd appreciate that. Something else to look into. I take it he is certified by VicRoads as an approved engineer?

Thanks again.

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
What am I?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Jul 4th, 2007, 8:57 pm

BMW Trike

Hi Big Dog,
There's often an add in the "Riding On" for someone who builds and sells BMW Trikes.
Have been considering same with the arthritis getting worse, the trip to Coffs was the acid test and although painful at times, have decided to leave it for a while.
But this guys trike looks very neat and tidy.
Bruce
Ulysses #39110
WA
post #5 of 9 Old Jul 5th, 2007, 3:20 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up

G'day Bruce

I recall seeing something about BM trikes in Riding On too, I think they were mainly for the RXXXX and 1200C cruiser. I haven't seen them in recent editions though, will just have to keep looking and researching. Then the big job is to convince Mrs Dog that I really, really, really need the trike conversion .

Thanks for the reminder about the ads.

Cheers

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
What am I?

post #6 of 9 Old Jul 6th, 2007, 12:36 am

G'day Big Dog,
If you have a look in the classifieds section of the Ulysses website there is an add of parts left over from and LT that was converted to a trike.

I called the guy in the hope of picking up a spare rear drive cheap (just for insurance), but he wanted more than I was prepared to pay.

I'd suggest this fellow will be worth talking to given he's just completed the conversion of an LT to a trike.

Cheers

Barry

edited later
heres the ad off the U.C website

K1200LT 2002 panniers dif back wheel +
All in good condition bike converted to a trike.$Negotiable FREE, SMITHFIELD PLAINS-SA, contact DAVID on 08 8284 5106 or email [email protected]
Date Added: 19-Jun-07

Barry Lane
Brisbane
Australia
99 Champane K1200LT
View my ride photos here

Last edited by barryst1100; Jul 6th, 2007 at 12:39 am. Reason: Ad info added
post #7 of 9 Old Jul 8th, 2007, 3:21 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thanks Barry

Good onya mate . Thanks for the info. I'll give him bell soon and get the good oil off him.

Thanks again.

Ride safe

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
What am I?

post #8 of 9 Old Oct 13th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Garage
trike conversion

Hi big dog just cruisin through the threads I also was interesred in trikes I as I have back problems, I know of 2, the latest being in warrnambool vic I can tell you it has cost in excess of 18000 bucks sofar but it is awsome it probably wont fix back problems just stop you dropping the big bugger LOL Iam up to number 14 you think I would learn buy now.

Axle
post #9 of 9 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 2:57 pm Thread Starter

G'day Axle and welcome to the board. Thanks for the feedback mate, I had forgotten about this one. Work has taken a big chunk of life at the moment.

Lots of fond memories from around Portland / Warrnambool area. My grandfather is buried there after living in the area for over 35 years with his second wife. My uncle used to have the Viscount caravan franchise there around 30 odd years ago too.

Ride safe.

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
What am I?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in