Anyone riding in Sydney this weekend??? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old Jun 29th, 2007, 3:52 am Thread Starter

Anyone riding in Sydney this weekend???

G'Day,

Looks like Sydney is for some finer weather this weekend, anyone planning on a ride?

Cheers,

Brendan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 2:36 am
cws

Garage
Sunday

Hi Brendan.
I'm hoping to go for a ride tomorrow, somewhere south perhaps, maybe Kangaroo Valley for lunch if I can convince Kerry ;-) . Give me a call if you're interested in trying to team up.. 0418411499
Chris

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 21 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 4:48 am Thread Starter

Hi Chris,

Did Kangaroo Valley today, was the only bike in town! A very pleasant 14ºc which was 5º degrees warmer than Bowral. Didn't see that many bikes to today.

Cheers,

Brendan

post #4 of 21 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 4:30 pm
cws

Garage
Ahh, sounds nice Brendan. Pity I'll have missed you by a day (had to do the shopping thing yesterday)! Maybe next time round mate.
cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #5 of 21 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 2:41 am

Hmmm..... even the shopping sounds good....

Spent both days of the weekend on the end of a chainsaw out at Black Springs, just the other side of Oberon. Yesterday it was snowing, today the temp hit 3 degrees just after lunch.

The good news, on both days I filled the bike trailer up with good hardwood and now have enough to see us into next winter. That'll be the last time the chainsaw runs this year

Daz

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway…..

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

Growing Old Disgracefully.....
post #6 of 21 Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 1:11 am
cws

Garage
Did the Kangaroo Valley run on Sunday, a bit windy on the way down, but not too many bikes or cars on the road. Went in via Berry, had a nice lunch at the pub at KV, then up through Bowral and Mittagong to the freeway and home. A fun day, about 320kms all up.

Daza,
oh what fun!! I lived in Yass for about 5 years, and had the same thing every winter, except looking for trailer loads of the stuff every few weeks. There you had to have a load ready by Easter, as it got pretty cold after that. Thankfully it didn't snow there, just heavy frosts.
Mate, I bet you enjoyed it anyway, nothing like getting the old chainsaw out and having some noisy fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daza
I filled the bike trailer up with good hardwood..
How many "ton" did you get the in the uni-go??

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #7 of 21 Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 3:25 am Thread Starter

Hi Chris,

We should organise a weekend ride for the Sydney folk, I headed up to Peats Ridge on Sunday with the wife, was very windy and cold! Came back through Yarramalong Valley.
Talking about chainsaws, I spent a solid 6 days cutting up fallen trees after the storms last month. Heading up to the lower Hunter this weekend for my 3 yearly chainsaw re-certification course, at least it doesn't snow there, hopefully.

Cheers,

Brendan
post #8 of 21 Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 6:37 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussielt
Hi Chris,

We should organise a weekend ride for the Sydney folk,

Cheers,

Brendan
I'm up for it.....

Daz

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

post #9 of 21 Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 7:33 pm
cws

Garage
weekend run

I'm out for the next 2 weekends (at least)

Received my "care package" from Tony (Deputy5211) of HID's (lo & high), Motolights, and aux-input for the radio, so hope to install those this weekend. Guess that means stripping the fat boy down (only had part of the left side off so-far, so will be an interesting exercise).

Next weekend Im already booked for a weekend trip (car), so hopefully ready for another run the following weekend (21st/22nd July) or the one after that, if nothing else comes up.

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #10 of 21 Old Jul 4th, 2007, 6:51 am Thread Starter

Sounds like fun, I am very interested to hear how the aux input works out. I'm free on the 21 July, shall we wait till closer to the day to organise a destination?

good luck with the farkles!

Cheers,

Brendan
post #11 of 21 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 1:20 am
cws

Garage
Ride next weekend (21 or 22)?

If the weather holds out (forecast for rain Sat/Sun at this stage ) who's interested in catching up for a ride next weekend?
I'm open to ideas for a decent day ride somewhere. A little rain doesn't bother me at all, as long as its not pissing down and windy to boot.
Heading to the snow for a day trip the following weekend though.

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #12 of 21 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 2:22 am

Guys,

I'm out for the next 3 weeks..... I'll be in the Northern Territory and western NSW, leaving Saturday

Daz

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

post #13 of 21 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 3:08 am
cws

Garage
Got snowshoes for the LT for tomorrow morning Daza?? Must be a bit bitey round your place at the moment! At least NT should give you a chance to thaw out.

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #14 of 21 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 6:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Got snowshoes for the LT for tomorrow morning Daza?? Must be a bit bitey round your place at the moment! At least NT should give you a chance to thaw out.
Minus something this morning, bloody cold and a good frost. Gonna be another one in the morning judging by tonight's temperature.

Daz

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

post #15 of 21 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 5:34 am
cws

Garage
change of plans

I have to go see my sons in Pt Macquarie now this weekend, so I'll be haulin' ass north early Sat morning. It's a ride, but not what I'd hoped for....

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #16 of 21 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Any excuse for a ride hey Chris?

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

post #17 of 21 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 7:20 am
cws

Garage
not wrong, Dave

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #18 of 21 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 6:47 pm
cws

Garage
What a shit boring ride it is up (and back down) the F3 & PH to Port MacQ. I think I had cruise control on for about 70 - 80% of the entire trip each way. 4 hrs each trip, almost 1 full tank of gas each way. Nothing at all exciting about it.
But it was good to catch up with 2 of my boys...

Anyone else get out for a "ride" over the weekend?

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #19 of 21 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 3:19 pm

Rode to work on Saturday AM. Found that I will now have to replace my front tyre (not even 17000 kms old!). Sounded like a train on a train track with the scalloping, got worse as I got closer to home. So will have to wait for clearance from the MOW&F before getting a new one. May take a little while......

Glad that you had (at least) a safe trip Chris. Even a bad ride is better than driving in the car.

Take care all.

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
What am I?

post #20 of 21 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:45 pm

I got out for an hour or 2 on Saturday arvo and rode down to Jacobs Well and took a look around Horizon Shores Marina. Took up a nice pozzie in the sun and listened to a blues band playing for a while, while I sipped on a latte, and pondered how the hell these people can afford to have all these bloody big boats sitting around, and not be out using them on such a lovely day?

Then I took a leisurely ride home, and prepped the Nacra for a day of excitement on Sunday, and what a fun day it was!

Heres the video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XycM7FAQcEY

Cheers

Barry

Barry Lane
Brisbane
Australia
99 Champane K1200LT
View my ride photos here

post #21 of 21 Old Jul 24th, 2007, 3:41 pm

Mmmmmm sailing

What a great clip Barry, brings back fond memories of sailing on Lake Macquarie. I had an A Class and a Stingray cat and had a ball on both. Loved swinging the trapeze . Especially when you'd get the hull up on a screaming reach, bury the nose and just flyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Used to race against a couple of NACRA's in my sailing club, struth they were fast! Don't know about the 20 knots though mate, where's the white caps on the water? Was thinking about getting back into cats, but a bad back and the purchase of the dream machine (LT) sort of put paid to that.

Take care all

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
What am I?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in