Rain - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 1:24 am Thread Starter
cws

Garage
Rain

Hi guys, hows everyone going? Are we sick of the rain yet! Damn yes! I know its needed, and happy my water tank is full again, but its only 2100 litres, so now its just overflow going down the drain.
Need to get out for a weekend ride soon, I think, if only the sun will come visit us again!

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 1:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Hi guys, hows everyone going? Are we sick of the rain yet! Damn yes! I know its needed, and happy my water tank is full again, but its only 2100 litres, so now its just overflow going down the drain.
Need to get out for a weekend ride soon, I think, if only the sun will come visit us again!
Mate..... hangin...

Daz

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway…..

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

Growing Old Disgracefully.....
post #3 of 12 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 3:22 am

Rain? Rain? wont hurt ya

Ya girls! wot are ya? Harley riders in disguise or something!
. just kidding!!! Its not the rain that is the problem here in Ballarat, its just damn cold!!!!

02 BMW K1200LT. 02 Aprilia Caponord. 76 BMW R90/6.

post #4 of 12 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 4:52 am

Yep its even been raining in Brisbane for the last few days. Good drizzily type rain.

Of course I knew it was going to rain cause my cousin brought his camper trailer up here to go camping for two weeks on Stradbroke Island. I'm dead set sure that this bloke ordered the "dark cloud option" with his camper, cos every time he takes this thing out - it rains.

He got here Saturday, and its been raining ever since. Mind you its supposed to clear tonight and be fine for tomorrow. Just wish he'd go camp out by our dams where we need the rain to fall for about a year. LOL.

Cheers

Barry

Barry Lane
Brisbane
Australia
99 Champane K1200LT
View my ride photos here

post #5 of 12 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 2:39 pm

Rain? What is this thing you speak of?
post #6 of 12 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 3:54 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Well y'all chaps aint the only ones getting rain. Here in central Texas we have had over 30 inches sense January. Our yearly average is only 34 and should pass that by this weekend. I watch the radar if I see a break in the clouds I ride. Don't mind getting wet just don't like to start out wet

Stevie Shreeve
post #7 of 12 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 10:28 pm

I've had to park to park the LT up until I sort out the rear shock so I'm riding a yammie cruiser, just ain't the same, sun shining, can't crank up the LT(not happy).Some of that rain needs to hit your dams looked awfully dry on the sides of the Hume.
post #8 of 12 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 10:53 pm Thread Starter
cws

Garage
Yep, dry on the Hume... Goulburn's been in drought for 5 years or more, even trucking in drinking water... however news last night said they were preparing for floods!
I reckon its got something to do with moving the big sheep....

Hope you get your LT sorted out without too much wallet damage Bully!

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #9 of 12 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 1:38 am
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Smile Not just in Australia

Hi Chris, we have been reading about the Wx down under. "Unreal" The expression "famine or a feast" seems to cover it. Still trucking over here, down one tent so far, guess they don't build them for gale force 9. So pleased to have a spare (or three) We can also choose between the cold flooded central and north of the UK or scoot over to southern Europe where I see they are up to 46 C. Crazy world. Take care, enjoy the ride.

Jenna: Ocean Blue '06
Hilton: Head of the Steering Committee.
Rena: The Committee.
ET4 Thing 1
ET4 Thing 2
post #10 of 12 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 2:14 am

Well we not only have rain, but it's also SNOWING here at the moment - yay!

Orange, NSW
'99 K1200LT - Basalt Grey (traded in for)
2007 GL1800 - Dark Orange Metallic
Ulysses Member 32701
post #11 of 12 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 3:27 am Thread Starter
cws

Garage
Brian, is Orange snow anything like yellow snow....
send some pics! (& best to Mim, too! Alls good I hope...)

Hi Hilton..... choices, choices eh? Was wondering if you had floaties with you! The TV shots from Sheffield look just like the pics of Maitland from a week or 2 back! Trust you are both well, and having fun!

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #12 of 12 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 5:47 am

Hey Brian, I've got lots of memories of teh winters in and around Orange.
I can remember when I used to swing spanners on earthmoving gear, I used to do a lot of field service work in and around Orange, Bathurst and Blayney in mid winter. Brrrrrrr!

Bang ya bloody knuckles in those kind of cold temperatures and it hurts all day. Worst job I ever had was at Illford (on the Mudgee Rd out of Lithgow).
It was sleeting, blowing a gale, and I had to drill out a heap of broken grade 8 track frame bolts on a dozer. We gave it away at about 2 in the arvo cause we were dead set certain we were getting hyperthermic, so headed to the Illford pub where there was a roaring log fire and lots of rum to warm up.

Crazy thing was, we went back the next day to finish the job and it was hot that day. Strange weather in that area at times.

First time my kids ever saw snow was at Mt Conobalas in Orange, we drove down from Dubbo for the day just to show the kids what snow was like. Driving up to the top of teh mountain in a 2wd Holden Rodeo we sliped off the road and got stuck on the side of the road. Had a 4wd give us a hand to getback on the road, then tow us up to the top of the mountain. He also acted as an anchor for is coming back down the mountain as we had no traction at all.

Fun times back then.

Cheers

Barry

Barry Lane
Brisbane
Australia
99 Champane K1200LT
View my ride photos here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in