LT network Australia? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 4:28 pm Thread Starter

Question LT network Australia?

Hello fellow riders

Please allow me a question or two. And it might be a stupid one too

Is there a Australian LT specific network/club or is it all splittered up due to just a handfull of Lt's downunder and being too far apart?

How many LT's are in Australia up and running?

I'd appreciate your input.

thanx

Pat

99' K12LT champagne
80' XJ 650 red
If you don't respect yourself who else will?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 7:15 pm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcra
Is there a Australian LT specific network/club or is it all splittered up due to just a handfull of Lt's downunder and being too far apart?

How many LT's are in Australia up and running?
Pat
G'day Pcra,
I do not believe there is a specific Oz LT network as such......we're all just "fragments" from the USA parent BMWlt group...hehhehehehehe

USA pilots saw a need to expand the site allowing more in-depth options related to individual states/countries etc etc..and so 'ere we are......doing our thing as we do best.

Who knows how many LT's are in Oz, let alone "up an running".....I presume there can only be a handful as BMW didn't have a single exhaust valve in the place for Beryl recently....how boring is that?

The "BmwltAusNZ" map will give us a much better footprint of who your neigbourly K12 pilot is....don't see too many there in the Simpson desert...perhaps they just haven't logged on yet......hehehhehe...perhaps they can't log-on due to lack of coverage...?????

I have put my mobile number down in the "shoutout" for those that maybe able to hook up for a ride one weekend or so.....off down to Canberra this Sat, come back Sunday just to get away for a short time.

you must be ticking the day's off the calender by now Pat....pity you picked Brisbane to settle in...never mind,... someone has to live there I spose hehehhehhe.

cheers

Phill
78XS1100E "the tardis" (ret)
99K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"
post #3 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 1:30 am

Sounds like we have the highest concentration of LTs here in Orange. There are three of us that I know of, there was a fourth but they sold it for a Hayabusa (guess it takes all types huh!)

Orange, NSW
'99 K1200LT - Basalt Grey (traded in for)
2007 GL1800 - Dark Orange Metallic
Ulysses Member 32701

post #4 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 2:35 am

PCRA
I've only been on an K12lt myself for three of four weeks.
When I dropped mine of for it's first service there were two more getting serviced on the same day. So there are obviously a few more out there. There are the BMW riders clubs throughout australia but I don't know of any LT specific clubs. Don't worry about Phils comments re Brisbane he's just jealous because he has to live down south of the border with all the other cockroaches.
G'day Phil!! love your state mate.....Passing through somewhere around the 20th December on the way to Melbourne EVEN FURTHER SOUTH..

Nick

Hey Chris if you read this hows the milage meter going
I'm up to 3500klm now. should that be a kilomratige meter??
post #5 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 5:33 am

Are we talking Land Train's here ?.
post #6 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 6:25 am Thread Starter

Dear SimonCharles
thank you very much for your witty and utterly interesting reply. Since you are apparently a senior member and also interested in the practical use of the K1200LT in Australia (commonly refered to as "downunder") I am proudly pleased to show you the solution that BMW recently released.

Oh and by the way, they also have one with extended SHOPPINGBAGS for proper usage for people living on really small and tiny islands. . . . . . .
allright hehehehehe back to things that do matter. I sendt a mail to BMW Australia asking them to provide some figures of sold K1200LT from 1999 on. If I ever hear from them, I let you guys know.

99' K12LT champagne
80' XJ 650 red

Last edited by pcra; Nov 15th, 2005 at 6:36 am.
post #7 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 11:19 am

Hey, thats interesting !. ( I mean the shopping bags option )
Here's something that you might like
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki...gby_union_team
post #8 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 1:58 pm

Where can I get one of them?

Hey PCRA

Where are those suckers available from? The BMW dealer I bought my LT from never mentioned that option

Could've used that set up on Sunday. Coming back from a Ulysses trip at Forster, our ride leader nearly got cleaned up by a cager on the freeway near the Toronto turn off. Bloke didn't even turn his head when he started to move over into the right lane. The ride leader was right beside him!!

A quick burst of that sucker and he would've definitely turned his head then.

MAD MAX RULES!!!

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 2:23 pm

Smile

Pat,
To the best of my knowledge there is no group dedicated to LT's other then this site your currently at.

BUT...

almost every state in Australia has it own BMW Motorcycle Riders Club any how that supports all BMW motorcycles.

I have recently joined the Queensland BMW Motorcycle Club
There is a few members in Townsville/Cairns district.

If you go to their web site and click on "LINKS" you will see buckets of links to all sorts of stuff including BMW Motorcycle clubs in other states as well.
post #10 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 2:25 pm

If you own a BMW Car OR BMW motorcycle, try this site it covers both

http://www.clubs.bmw.com.au/indexframe.asp
post #11 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 5:23 pm Thread Starter

Cool

allright guys. . . . then I just will have to initiate a K12LT barbie once I am downunder

99' K12LT champagne
80' XJ 650 red
post #12 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 6:47 pm

We love chefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcra
allright guys. . . . then I just will have to initiate a K12LT barbie once I am downunder
G'day Pat and welcome mate!
Being one who thoroughly enjoys a fine red (or white) and a good feed, you are more than welcome to drop by and teach my wife a thing or two

Whilst there are BMW Motorcycle clubs in most states (I, being a member of Victoria), this is the only place that I know of dedicated to the LT... And with the immense experience of our brother riders in the States and other parts of the globe, the information available here is pretty awesome (as you have no doubt already discovered). The site admin guys being kind enough to arrange for our own little corner of the board, I would therefore not seen the need for any separate Australian site...

Glad you could join us and pleased that you made the right choice of bike and certainly look forward to meeting with you and the others at some stage...

Ian

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #13 of 13 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 8:45 pm
cws

Garage
Cool kilometreage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
Hey Chris if you read this hows the milage meter going
I'm up to 3500klm now. should that be a kilomratige meter??
damn, 3400km..... thats what I get for fence building on weekends instead of riding with the boys at work.

But lets see..., according to whereis.com, Sydney to Thredbo is 495km, a shade over 9 hours (mustn't have timed it on an LT!!!)
So thats another 1000km, plus probably another 500km at least running around over the 3 days or so in between...
should be good for about 5000km by the end of the month.

Then 2 weeks later its off to Byron for a week! Better start saving up for some new tyres... nah, I expect to get at least 10-15k out of em!

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in