Short trip to Toowoomba - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 3:32 am Thread Starter

Short trip to Toowoomba

Hi Guy's
Cath & I went to Toowoomba for a ride on Saturday. Weather was great, no rain a bit of cloud cover temp mostly around 26c. A few photos below one of the beasty in the drive ready to go. Picture of my sweetheart having a drink break in Esk. One the way back from Toowoomba we stoped around 15klm from Hampton on the way back down to Esk. They have opened up some land for housing, It's a fair way from anywhere, meant for retirement and holiday houses. After our recent rains It looks beautiful, everything is green all the way from home to Toowoomba.
Took a couple of pictures of the land thats for sale. Cathy was ready to move there now. Picture of lt under a Jacaranda tree and one parked on one of the narrow laneways. I finally dragged Cath out of there and headed home. Stoped in Kilkoy for another drink break "2min" when a couple on a Harley went through. I gave them a big wave but was ignored "or not seen" anyhow felt the need to catch and pass said Harley. This was done around 10klm up the road, he was sitting on around 120, when I caught up he went to 140. I had to pass left him good in some long sweepers. Bike feels very nice at these speeds.
Back down to cruising speed for the rest of the trip home, did 450klm for the day and caught up with cathy's brother and sister in Toowoomba during the day. Can't wait for our Melbourne trip at Christmas. Three weeks on the road Whoohoo and no work to think about!!

Nick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	home_1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	700   Click image for larger version

Name:	esk_1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	701   Click image for larger version

Name:	jacaranda_1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	702   Click image for larger version

Name:	hampton area_1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	703  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 5:29 am

I like the photo under the jackarana tree.

do u have a higher resolution copy of it u can email me, i want to add it to my wall paper directory.

Thanks
post #3 of 3 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 4:01 pm

Smile

Youre bike is a real treat. First I had to get used to the color of the bike (never seen it before) but it grows on you. Lovely colour, great pictures, happy missus
(aren't they all with a LT owner)

99' K12LT champagne
80' XJ 650 red
If you don't respect yourself who else will?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in