Service & Parts - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old May 9th, 2007, 1:03 am Thread Starter

Service & Parts

For those of you in the greater Sydney area, who are you using for servicing - spare parts. Whilst I carry out most of my own servicing repairs, I have been reliant on Motohansa for parts, and recently the replacement of the dreaded slipping clutch. To be polite, I am disappointed in the service supplied, and wonder what alternatives are out there, and how you rate them.

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old May 9th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Munich Motorcycles here in Perth mail orders Australia wide. They may be worth a go. I have used them for 10 years and always found them to be excellent to deal with. Great service and very good BMW knowledge.

Munich Motorcycles
post #3 of 7 Old May 10th, 2007, 2:40 am
cws

Garage
Service?

Hi Gary.

I've only used the dealers, either ProCycles (St Peter's, the old Tom Byrne) or Worthington's at Somersby, just off the F3 at Gosford. There's also a Pro Cycles Hornsby.
I use PC StP only when I have to, 'cause its close to work (10 mins away). Was there the other day and most of the staff have changed, and it "feels" much better than it used to.
By choice I do the ride to Gosford where I bought the bike. It always "feels" good up there, and I get a nice ride on a loaner (1200S or 1200RT at present) for the day to get to work and back.
TYC goes in for his 30k service on Tuesday (a touch early) and a new steering dampener (warranty) in an attempt to rectify the wobble issue.
It all costs $$$ though...

Guess they all have to buy the OEM parts from Melb though.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #4 of 7 Old May 10th, 2007, 7:17 am Thread Starter

Thanks Chris,

I bought the BMW I had before from there, a K100RS and found them excellent. Just a bit far from the mountains. Hopefully no more big problems that I cant fix at home, but thanks guys for you input, and with proper planning, I can get my parts on time without the rush. Just Motohansa was close to work.

Regards,

Gary
00 K1200LT
Canyon Red
post #5 of 7 Old May 10th, 2007, 7:19 am Thread Starter

Thanks Chris,

I bought the BMW I had before from there (Worthington's), a K100RS and found them excellent. Just a bit far from the mountains. Hopefully no more big problems that I cant fix at home, but thanks guys for your input, and with proper planning, I can get my parts on time without the rush. Just Motohansa was close to work.

Regards,

Gary
00 K1200LT
Canyon Red
post #6 of 7 Old May 10th, 2007, 10:31 am

I have found SOUTHBANK MOTORCYCLES in Melbourne quite good to order things from in the past. The guys in spare parts are pretty much on-the-ball, and they ship pretty quickly, usually recieve items within two days.

Orange, NSW
'99 K1200LT - Basalt Grey (traded in for)
2007 GL1800 - Dark Orange Metallic
Ulysses Member 32701
post #7 of 7 Old May 13th, 2007, 4:29 am

morgan & wacker Brisbane and you get 10% discount as a motorbike club member (any club)

99' K12LT champagne
80' XJ 650 red
If you don't respect yourself who else will?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in