Add yourself to BmwltAusNZ map to see where we all live - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Nov 10th, 2005, 6:54 pm Thread Starter

Smile Add yourself to BmwltAusNZ map to see where we all live

G'day,

Following on from the USA guys, here's something that you may find interesting and want to add to, at

http://www.frappr.com/bmwltausnz

It is a Frappr site, specific for us southerners to see where all the K12's are living.

Add your details and locations as desired.

cheers

Phill
78XS1100E "The tardis" (ret)
99K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Nov 10th, 2005, 8:48 pm
cws

Garage
OK, that's 3 of us on the local map....!

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 17 Old Nov 10th, 2005, 9:11 pm
Bouncer

Phil,

The bmwlt map is WORLDWIDE!!!

It's just set at the default zoom. There's no need to fragment the community with another map.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-

Last edited by eljeffe; Nov 10th, 2005 at 9:17 pm.

post #4 of 17 Old Nov 10th, 2005, 9:21 pm
cws

Garage
...and for some reason, the "localised" version won't let you zoom right in.
Not that you get to add an option of where you REALLY live anyway, its cumbersome in that manner, unlike Google Earth.

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #5 of 17 Old Nov 13th, 2005, 8:28 pm Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Phil,

The bmwlt map is WORLDWIDE!!!

It's just set at the default zoom. There's no need to fragment the community with another map.
G'day El Jeffe,
yepppppp, I see that the USA version (bmwlt) was able to be zoomed out or panned around to the southern lands.

The community is already "fragmented" to a stage with the individual country forums so why not the map?? It's just a personal preference to have a view of Oz opening up on the site rather than another country, BUT, I take your point of view and have added myself to the USA site as well.

I see the Italian K1200LT have their own map (K1200Lt owners Group)...!!!

cheers

Phill
78XS1100E "the tardis" (ret)
99K12LT "Beryl Beemer"
post #6 of 17 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 2:34 am

Talking

just added myself to this map as well
post #7 of 17 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 1:57 pm

Thumbs down What am I doing wrong?

Have tried putting in my details but won't recognise my 4 digit post code, says I need to put in a 5 digit one. Added a zero and wouldn't recognise that one either

What'd I do? What'd I do?

Maybe the machines don't like me? Don't you love paranoia

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

post #8 of 17 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 3:52 pm

I am on. ) I just love independence. . . big brother's watching you

Hey big dog, no paranojaaaaahhhhhh . . . . ups, just thought I saw a Hayabusa in my rear mirror

just underneath the zipcode you can clic for non-USA territory, then it askes for the NAME. So it works, hope that helps, don't know if anyone else was able to help you already.

Cheers

Pat

99' K12LT champagne
80' XJ 650 red
If you don't respect yourself who else will?
post #9 of 17 Old Nov 14th, 2005, 7:45 pm

Cool Worked that time

Thanks for the tip Pat, clicked on the non US link and away she went. Had to put Newcastle (home of the mighty Newcastle Knights, that is when they don't play like a pack of girls like last season ) as that is my nearest big place.

Wouldn't recognise Lake Munmorah, reckons it doesn't exist....... try telling the junk mail mobs, they seem to fiind it OK

What paranioa? I'm only doing what the voices in my head are telling me to......

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

post #10 of 17 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:06 am

Unhappy

Its lonely over here.

regards
Craig
01 K1200LT
post #11 of 17 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:40 am
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Thumbs down

Hi Phil, seasons greetings. Finally got to put us on the map (World) also using Newcastle (well in another month anyway) but now I get some rubbish junk mail every other day. :-( Like the idea of seeing where we all live, but how do you get off their mailing list?
post #12 of 17 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 3:16 pm

Hey Hilton...!
What sort of junk mail are you receiving? (I'm wondering if this could be the source of my more recently annoying spam...?)

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #13 of 17 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 3:18 pm Thread Starter

Cool How to stop getting updates from frappr BMWLTAusNZ group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilton
Hi Phil, seasons greetings. Finally got to put us on the map (World) also using Newcastle (well in another month anyway) but now I get some rubbish junk mail every other day. :-( Like the idea of seeing where we all live, but how do you get off their mailing list?

Goodly morning Hilton....
at the frappr http://www.frappr.com "front page", you have a "log in" page, .....need to enter your email addy and your password.

Click on the "My groups" tag at the top LHS area.

This will take you to your "profile" type page

You can now change under the "email group updates" from "included", to "don't include" for the frappr group(s) you are in....

don't forget to "logout" (top RHS of page).

Heyyyyyyy can't see you on the BMWLTAusNZ frappr map, only on the BMWLT (USA one)....?????

cheers and be seeing you and Rena soon on this new machine of yours hopefully....

Phill
post #14 of 17 Old Jan 17th, 2006, 9:04 am
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Smile

Thanks Ian and Phil. Done. Just an ongoing update as more people add themselves to the map. Not junk I guess but annoying none the less. I owe you a PM but up to my neck in boxes at the moment, not long to go now. Jenna's in Melb ready for the green light for rego, (hoping to get a VIN from Trevor soon) today we buttoned up the bushtec box again (just loved looking at the quality and perfect timing, arrived 24th what a great Xmas present) have my fingers crossed that all arrives ok in Aus. Flight on Sat for 3 days with Rena. A little sun in "Ceylon" should go down a treat. Busy week, 4 days packing, 27th anniversary on Friday, last trip Sat. We're hanging in there! but will be glad when its sorted. Take care, cheers.
Oh I'll try to do the Aust map too.
post #15 of 17 Old Jan 17th, 2006, 1:15 pm Thread Starter

Cool Bushtec caravan for xmas pressy??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilton
Thanks Ian and Phil. Done.
Jenna's in Melb ready for the green light for rego, (hoping to get a VIN from Trevor soon) today we buttoned up the bushtec box again (just loved looking at the quality and perfect timing, arrived 24th what a great Xmas present) have my fingers crossed that all arrives ok in Aus. Flight on Sat for 3 days with Rena. A little sun in "Ceylon" should go down a treat. Busy week, 4 days packing, 27th anniversary on Friday, last trip Sat. We're hanging in there! but will be glad when its sorted. Take care, cheers.
Oh I'll try to do the Aust map too.
Morning Hilton,
Well this certainly has been an interesting journey for you an Rena aka K12...and now it has almost materialised to the final jigsaw puzzle piece being placed upon the table.....

Some guys get a box of chocolates for xmas....you get a Bushtec trailer....ah well, them's the breaks .....hehheheheheheh

Sun in "Ceylon"...huh???...... it was 45.2 deg C here in Sydney on New Years day....and you wanna go to Ceylon for sun????

ok,..... make the most of these last few leisure perks of the job, cos then you an Rena will have to suffer by riding "Jenna K12" around Oz towing this caravan (errrr Bushtec).....

boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........heheheheheehehhe

best of luck with the packing...(I remember doing this "once" wayyyy back in '81 or something when we rented out our house for 4 months whilst we went to the UK....we ended up tossing "cut glass" glasses and other items not packed under the hedge for our next door neighbours to pick up later, before the tenants moved in....just flat chat and no time.........)

cheers

Phill
'78XS1100E "The Tardis" (ret)
'99K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"
post #16 of 17 Old Jan 26th, 2006, 11:59 pm

trade

I want to come to Aus. and ride YOUR LT. And U can come to America and ride mine. I live near Seattle Wa. Anyone??
Thanks, Steve White

sswhite
post #17 of 17 Old Jan 27th, 2006, 12:31 am
cws

Garage
swap

Just send over some return tickets for us, SS, and maybe you'll get a taker!

I'm thinking of dong this in a couple of years, but not just yet.
Always good if there's a little more info on who you're "talking" to about these things too, your profile's pretty well empty...
just a thought...
cheers from Sydney

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in