lay down - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old May 1st, 2007, 7:22 am Thread Starter
cws

Garage
lay down

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22326

My baby went to sleep on me tonight, nearly home and hit a sand covered roundabout, albeit verrrry slowly ... $%#$%^$##$%

All good bar some plastic scrapes and bent bits.
Hopefully I can get it fixed quickly and hassle the insurance company to go after the bastards at the construction site.
I want her to be healthy for the trip to Coffs!

pics on the link...

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old May 1st, 2007, 7:26 am

Glad your Ok Chris, that's the main thing.
The panel damage can be easily fixed by simply throwing money at it, preferrably the insurance companies money. Hope its all fixed up for Coff's, I hope to get there for the Saturday arvo meet at the Hogs breath.

Cheers for now

Barry

Barry Lane
Brisbane
Australia
99 Champane K1200LT
View my ride photos here

post #3 of 8 Old May 1st, 2007, 7:32 am Thread Starter
cws

Garage
Thanks Barry.
Look forward to catching up with you again! Great to hear you'll be there.
Hey, loved the NASA shuttle thing, that was interesting!

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #4 of 8 Old May 1st, 2007, 3:21 pm

Good that you made it out of the off with no damage to yourself and minimal damage to the beast mate. Had a similar thing happen to me on another bike. Hit a roundabout that had a heap of sand on because of a fuel spill the day before, no signs marking the temporary road conditions. Had a low speed low side, bent the bars on the mighty Kz750 and dinged a rib.

Love that sand.........

See you at Coffs, hopefully at the HBC with the others. Need to discuss with SWMBO.

Ride safe

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

post #5 of 8 Old May 1st, 2007, 3:22 pm

Glad you're okay Chris. Plastic and bent bits are fixable, but we tend not to be as easy to repair.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

Last edited by Steve_R; May 1st, 2007 at 5:52 pm.
post #6 of 8 Old May 2nd, 2007, 7:25 am

Glad you are ok :)

Chris glad to hear you are ok, and that you can still make Coffs Harbour
body hell of a lot harder to heal than bike

Also we are now doing a day ride to Coffs on friday instead now thanks to parents

if you are heading up that way what time are you heading out ???

regards Kevin
post #7 of 8 Old May 2nd, 2007, 8:25 am Thread Starter
cws

Garage
heading north

Kevin,
my ride plan at the moment is to meet up with my sons for lunch at Pt McQ sometime between about 12 noon and 1pm, stopping there for say an hour or so. Think Kerry and I need to leave home at Little Bay (near La Perouse) by about 7-7:30am to do that. I go through the Harbour Tunnel and up the Pacific Highway to F3.
Happy to meet up with somwhere north of town, I presume you'd go up Pennant Hills Rd to the F3? Or do you come out further north? There's a few spots we could meet and make the most of the ride together, if that time frame suits you too! Let me know.
cheers mate
Chris

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #8 of 8 Old May 3rd, 2007, 4:21 am

meeting point :)

Hi Chris
that sounds great we will be leaving the same time. I think the start of the F3 would be the best place to meet just past your on ramp is that the best ??? maybe you probably know the best place so let me know and we will be there

contact number

regards Kevin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in