Our own Event and charity ride - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Apr 28th, 2007, 8:14 pm Thread Starter

Our own Event and charity ride

Hi everyone

As I'm currently retired and still have a little influence in company cirlces LOL
I may have a solution to starting our own event.

As you are all aware of the snowy ride is to raise funds for child cancer.

I have secured funding for us to bookoutright a hotel in Thredbo, for all the K1200lts all they ask in return is that some of the money we would have spent and if any we raise along the way be given to the charity.

I certainly would ask at this stage since many of you are attending the AGM to discuss the idea and if interested confirm numbers. and if you all think this is a viable solution

regards Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Apr 28th, 2007, 9:26 pm

Kev,
Sounds like a tremedous opportunity and I applaud your initiative!
Obviously we are talking about a summerish timing... What do you think, towards the end of this year after the ski season?

I checked the member list and we now have 75 registered Australian members and a number of New Zealand members... Even to get half of those would be pretty spectacular...

Hopefully the guys attending the AGM might discuss further over a beer or hundred...

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #3 of 5 Old Apr 28th, 2007, 11:43 pm
cws

Garage
Snowy

Hi Kevin.
Interesting concept, and would be a great place for us all to meet up (again for a few of us ).
We've done the Snowy Ride for the past 3 years and have enjoyed every one. Are you thinking along the lines of donating funds raised to the charities as part of the Snowy event itself? This is what a several other groups have done and there were some significant donations made at last years Village Green presentation.
We've already made preliminary booking at House of Ullr, but happy to look at any accomodation as it gets pretty well booked out anyway. In fact someoneone else wanted to book the entire Ullr lodge for the 2007 Snowy but the owners (friends of Kerry's) said they wouldn't do that to their other regular customers.
Look forward to more info, and sure we'll chat about it next month.
cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #4 of 5 Old Apr 29th, 2007, 5:13 am Thread Starter

Snowy ride

Hi Guys

for those unaware the snowy ride is 10th November some 2500 bikes attended last years ride web Address www.snowyride.com.au

Thank you for the support. Yes chris I believe that the money raised should be presented as such to the charity

accommodation I will need a little help as I do not know the area very well have only been there once this easter for two days great ride though

hope fully everyone will get behind this and discuss at the AGM

regards Kevin
post #5 of 5 Old Apr 29th, 2007, 5:58 am

Just ckecked my shifts for the 10 Nov, I am just starting my rotation on that date, we will look and see what we can do. I think this would be a great idea.

Time to start planning.

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in