Beahr Intercom System - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Mar 30th, 2007, 1:22 am Thread Starter

Beahr Intercom System

Greetings all.

I've decided it's time to set up the Bismarck with a half decent intercom system. I've surfed around the net and have decided the Beahr brand of intercoms is the one for me. I like its quality and the many models available.

The question is, where are they available in Australia? Do any of you guys use them in your machines and if so, what do you say about them and the quality of these units?

Kindest regards to all

Paul Harrington
SA

E: [email protected]

1999 K1200LT Champagne "Bismarck"
1983 base K100 "Bavarian Belle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Mar 30th, 2007, 2:12 am

Hi Paul,
I don't personally have a Beahr, but I have seen them advertised upon eBay from time to time...make sure you search worldwide, not just on the Australian eBay site... Some of the guys on this site advertise them for sale within The Clasified section from time to time also...

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #3 of 8 Old Mar 30th, 2007, 6:59 am

Paul, I have used the LT specific, plug and play unit for over two years now. It works flawlessly. It integrates with the radio system with a simple plug. I have my cell phone and GPS integrated as well and all works great.

Raffy, from this site sells the Baehr units. If not, try National Cycle at

http://www.baehrusa.com/

I don't know if either one sells internationally.

Good luck

Brian
Fanwood, NJ
2003 K1200LT Anthracite

"Explain it to me once more: WHY do I have to "Press 1 for English"

post #4 of 8 Old Mar 30th, 2007, 11:10 am

I bet you Raffy would sell to any member of this site. But then again, I just guessing.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #5 of 8 Old Mar 30th, 2007, 12:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBantz
Paul, I have used the LT specific, plug and play unit for over two years now. It works flawlessly. It integrates with the radio system with a simple plug. I have my cell phone and GPS integrated as well and all works great.

Raffy, from this site sells the Baehr units. If not, try National Cycle at

http://www.baehrusa.com/

I don't know if either one sells internationally.

Good luck
Paul, +1 on everything Brian says. I have the unit designed for the K1200LT, also. It's so easy to install... even I did it! Hardest part was learning how to take the back seat off. (2 bolts)

I had a couple of glitches with mine, at first. Most likely they were self-inflicted, but Raffy and Baehr USA/National Cycle stood behind the product.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #6 of 8 Old Mar 30th, 2007, 6:53 pm

Smile

G'day Paul,

We have the Baehr System fitted to our LT, This system is brilliant and have not had any problems. Very easy to fit and reliable. Clarity is excellent.
Did quite a bit of research and this system still came out way ahead.
Tony at Challenger motors in NZ supplied the unit. He is excellent to deal with and great support service if needed. Check his website. The price from NZ was very reasonable.
This is my third system. First had one fitted to an RT, it was the Vesro plus. This was also an excellent system. Second one was fitted to my previous LT, We lost this when we Totalled it. We didn't hesitate in purchasing another.

I did send you a PM but with my work computer and chances are you may not receive that. Feel free to contact me. I can supply photo's if you need.
The only thing I did differently was connect the cable plug to my handle bar which is my prefered way to what is shown in the fitting instructions.

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia
post #7 of 8 Old Mar 30th, 2007, 9:28 pm Thread Starter

Greetings gentlemen.

Thankyou all for your words of wisdom. It seems I'll be making a call to NZ in regard to a Baehr system for my Bismarck.

Once again, thanks boys.

Paul Harrington
AU

[email protected]

ps: received your PM Jake in regard to this post. Many thanks and appreciation.

1999 K1200LT Champagne "Bismarck"
1983 base K100 "Bavarian Belle"
post #8 of 8 Old Mar 31st, 2007, 8:35 pm
cws

Garage
half-decent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrowbmw
Greetings all.
I've decided it's time to set up the Bismarck with a half decent intercom system.
Why do you only want a half-decent setup Paul???
If you have any troubles finding your Baehr system, have a look (another look?) at the Autocomm gear. I've been very happy with that, and its available though Oz distributors, at least in NSW.
Whichever you go for, it'll make the travelling more enjoyable with the music piped to your ears, certainly beats listening to squealing brakes!
cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in