2Likes
  • 1 Post By cws
  • 1 Post By Hilton

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 13th, 2019, 7:39 pm Thread Starter
cws

Garage
Snowy Ride 2019

very quiet around here these days... but just to keep up a long term effort of posting about "The Snowy Ride"...

the 19th Snowy Ride is coming up again in November... however for first time in 16 years I wont be riding down.... some stuff-ups with a nefarious rental agent, friends we usually travel with who had some medical issues, and now being retired means I don't have the urge to "get away" from work.... as not working has brought many other little travels in our small motorhome.

I'll still buy an entry ticket at $60 because it still helps to support kids cancer research, plus gets you in the draw to win a bike.
https://stevenwalterfoundation.org.a...he-snowy-ride/

However next year 2020 will be their Final Year! After 20 years of running the event they are calling it quits, cant say I blame them. But apparently govt is putting a large amount of money into supporting childhood cancer research which encompasses what they've been fundraising so long for... so its time. We'll definitely be there next year.
Geoff c likes this.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Aug 16th, 2019, 8:34 pm
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Thanks for the update Chris. Last call for 2020, Wow 😮 The Snowy has been an institution. Perhaps they can rebrand it
to assist another worthy cause.
Enjoy your free time 🥂
cws likes this.

Jenna: Ocean Blue '06
Hilton: Head of the Steering Committee.
Rena: The Committee.
ET4 Thing 1
ET4 Thing 2
post #3 of 3 Old Oct 20th, 2019, 6:38 pm Thread Starter
cws

Garage
Re: Snowy Ride 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilton View Post
Thanks for the update Chris. Last call for 2020, Wow 😮 The Snowy has been an institution. Perhaps they can rebrand it
to assist another worthy cause.
Enjoy your free time 🥂
Cheers Hilton!
Good to hear from you, been wondering how you guys have been getting on in Honkers... assume you are keeping well away from the dramas?

Looks like I am being represented at this year's Snowy Ride... I bought a single entry ticket to support the cause, as it turns out my son who'd just finished working the snow season at Smiggins has gone back down there for 3 months summer maintenance work, and taken his motorbike to get around on. He's living at Jindy... so sent him my Snowy Ride pack. At least he'll get to experience the fun.

All the best.... C & K.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in