K1200lt for sale - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 9:34 pm Thread Starter

K1200lt for sale

Hi to everyone.
It's been a long time since I have posted anything here.
As you can see from the title I am selling my Lt.
Long story shortened I bought another bike and really can't afford to keep both long term. My wife cathy has threatened a revolt, she loves the Lt. New bike is a Suzuki Boulevard M109r. I do tend to change bikes over a bit. The Lt is a 2004 I have had it for a little over a year.
I bought is as a superseded model brand new. It has only traveled 23,000klm. I have only just had it serviced and it has brand new tires with only two to three hundred klm on them. If you know of anyone looking for a great bike in as new condition I am asking $24,500 for it and will consider offers close to this amount.
The past year Cathy has been studying full time and work has been so busy we only have time for short outings so
I decided to sell the Lt. Hope all the guys I used to talk to on this site are well. If anyone is planing a trip up to Queensland over Christmas let us know if you will be close to the Sunshine coast, I would love to go for a ride with you and show you some great roads.
Regards to all Nick.

PS you can contact me by personal message, email to
[email protected] or call me on 0407 582 350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 3:35 am

G'day Nick,
Sorry to hear that you plan on selling the LT... Perhaps you might be able to provide some further details such as colour and accessories etc and even some photos?

cheers mate and take care on that new machine!

Ian

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #3 of 6 Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 6:30 pm
cws

Garage
Qld'ers revolt?

Hi Spike.
So thats the 2nd Qld'er to sell up that we've come to know through the list! What's going on up there, beautiful one day, perfect the next, but I can't get out to enjoy it, so I have to sell my LT!!!

A shame, but if you've put nearly 24k on it then you must have some good times on it.
Enjoy your new toy mate, ride safe.
What sent you down the cruiser path?

That leaves Barry as the lone avenger, or have I forgotten someone (anyone heard from the chef??)??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black_lhs_700p.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	8489  

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #4 of 6 Old Dec 8th, 2006, 7:09 am Thread Starter

Babies and cruisers

Ian, congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your Daughter.
My Daughter Samantha is now 24 and my son Allan 22, I still remember their births like yesterday. They were the most emotional events in my life. People ask what is the meaning of life, surely it's got to be your children and family. Remember to cherish every moment as the moments pass all to quickly.

Hi to you Chris, Why a Cruiser, this is not just a cruiser, with an 1800 V Twin it has the sort of grunt I was missing. Still would't mind more!!. I loved the look of it, saw one in Noosa, rang the dealer on monday and put my order in. I had been reading about them for a while.
A lot of my friends ride Harleys. I like the look but wanted more go, handling and stoping. It's a blast every time I go for a ride....

I'll try and find some time to post some photos of the Lt over the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I doubt there is a better touring bike out there than the Lt. If I could afford to keep them both I would, plus I would add a sports bike to the collection. Maybe one day!

Nick
post #5 of 6 Old Dec 26th, 2006, 6:32 am

Quote:
That leaves Barry as the lone avenger, or have I forgotten someone (anyone heard from the chef??)??
Good day chaps
yes, I am still alive and also still a daily rider of my LT, from the northern suburbs of brisbane to CDB.

About a month ago I crossed a Lt (anthrazit/darkgrey) in Petrie, I was riding towards Redcliffe (myne is champagne), anyone of you guys?

I did come to suffer under a hesitant acceleration when the temperature is about 29 degrees and disconnected the air-temp sensor. It helped a bit but didn't fix the problem all toghether. Since it's a 99 European modell (yeah, she got now fully imported, tested, approved,etc.) I am currently playing with the thought of purchasing a Rhine West Chip and a Remus Street exhaust system.
Does anyone of you know where Remus can be bought in Brisbane? Or is there anyone selling a used unit?

Please let me know.
Kind regards and a great season to all of you.

Patrik
[email protected]

99' K12LT champagne
80' XJ 650 red
If you don't respect yourself who else will?
post #6 of 6 Old Dec 26th, 2006, 5:09 pm
cws

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcra
Good day chaps
yes, I am still alive and also still a daily rider of my LT, from the northern suburbs of brisbane to CDB.

.... Kind regards and a great season to all of you.

Patrik
[email protected]
And compliments of the season to you, Patrick!
How are you enjoying your first Aussie Xmas (at least as a resident?)
at least you can ride every day if you want to!!!
cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in