Trout Rally - Snowy Mountains - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Oct 25th, 2005, 6:50 pm Thread Starter

Red face Trout Rally - Snowy Mountains

G'day Guys,

The Trout Rally is on again this year on the weekend of the 4-6 November.
Simone and I have been attending this for a number of years now. It is held at a place called Three Mile Dam between Kiandra and Cabramurra. Very nice spot. The rally is pretty sedate and its all BYO everything. We missed last year as we totalled our bike on the way up due to a diesel spill. So I am determined to make it and enjoy a relaxed weekend. Any one interested in attending let me know in this thread. It would be good to see a few LT's side by side.
Spike perfect way to put some km's on your new machine.
Just for info our bike has just had it's 20,000km service, not bad milege for ony having it 10 months.

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Oct 26th, 2005, 5:56 am

Jake
20,000 in 10 Months WOW! I only covered around 55,000 in four years on my last bike. I think I'll do more on the LT though. Had it for 9 days now and have around 1,500.
No doubt put a few k's on it a Christmas as we'r headed for Melbourne to catch up with the family. We plan on taking 5 or 6 days on the way down, spend a week down around Melbourne then around a week coming back.

Won't make the Trout Rally unfortunately, work's going to be flat out between now and Christmas, thanks for the invitation though.

There's a few of you around Melbourne If your around the place just after Christmas and want to go for a bit of ride
let me know we might be able to work something out. It would be good to meet some of the people on this site in person.

Also you guys around Sydney, we should be passing through there around 20th December "approximately"
haven't set an exact departure date as yet.

Nick
post #3 of 10 Old Oct 27th, 2005, 1:35 am Thread Starter

Spike,

just let me know when your down. I will be on shift over the christmas, but I'm sure I can work something in for a ride. What do think Ian, Time we all met up.

happy riding

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia

post #4 of 10 Old Oct 27th, 2005, 8:10 pm

Jake,
You bettya, I think such is actually WAY overdue...

Ian
Melbourne, Australia

2000 K1200LT Grey - 'The Airbus'
post #5 of 10 Old Oct 28th, 2005, 12:34 am
cws

Garage
sheesh...
6 weeks for me now and only 1700km...
I'd better get off my ass (on my ass?) and get some more k's under my belt...

then again, the more time it takes to get round to the next service... more cash in pocket for fun things

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #6 of 10 Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 6:00 am Thread Starter

Wink Trout Rally here we come

G'day Guys,

Picture this;

6am perfect day in sunny Melbourne, Nice sedate ride to the Snowy Mountains via Kiewa Valley. Lots of nice twisties, radio blarring away. Arrive before sunset at Three Mile Dame, Set up camp, Say g'day to other fellow riders and then turn in.
Up at the crack of dawn, nice little Trout or maybe bacon and eggs for breaky. Lifes wonderfull.

Can't wait.

I'll post some photo's on return.

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia
post #7 of 10 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 12:45 am Thread Starter

Talking What a Weekend

G'day Guy's,

Had a brilliant weekend, made it to the Trout Rally with perfect weather. About 80 bikes of all ages and brands showed. Great atmosphere. We will be heading back again first weekend in November.

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia
post #8 of 10 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 12:51 am
cws

Garage
"We will be heading back again first weekend in November"
????????????
Hi Jake, it must have been good, you've totally lost your sense of time!!!

Why don't you try & come up for the Snowy Ride.... or have I asked that already...?
Party of LT's would be great.... I know there were some others there last year that I guess aren't on this list.
We'll be there from 26th to 27th November in Thredbo.

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #9 of 10 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 12:52 am
cws

Garage
correction - 25th to 27th plus a day either side for riding in & out

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #10 of 10 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 6:25 am Thread Starter

Talking

Whoops November 2006 is the next one.
May try and come up for the Snowy ride. Will just have to se how things go.

Jake
04 K12LT
Melbourne, Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in