OMG - how much body work is there - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By brouhaha

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old May 3rd, 2015, 12:20 am Thread Starter

OMG - how much body work is there

Hi all,

As mentioned I'm replacing my old brake lines with Siegler SS lines and whilst the body work is off I thought I'd take the opportunity to replace the air and fuel filter (plus other service jobs)

OMG... how much work was involved in just getting to that air filter :-(
Thought I'd share some photos because we all love photos :-)

Wow, what a lot of work to get at the air filter (not hard work..just lots of it)

What a decent sized fuel tank it certainly puts my old Honda Shadow tank to shame

A pleasant surprise to find an Ohlins unit installed (I found the invoice indicating it was a dealer aftermarket $2488 job in 2005 )

Just hope I can put it all together but I have zip-locked bagged and labelled most screws and bolts just to make it easier..

Interestingly, also found a 2012 dealer invoice for a clutch replacement in 2012 cost $3412 wow ... plus a 55000 K service in 2012 so low miles. I was dubious about the sellers low K's because... I just was :-( but reading the service and technical booklet, I've found its service history up till the 30 000km (18 000M) dealer service and that's stamped 2009. Looks to thus be 30 000km in 2009 so the 58000 km in 2015 bodes well.
There is also a local dealer 55 000 service and full clutch replacement dated 2012 and the invoice list the odometer at 53000 (dealer did a 55 000k service at 53 000km). I'm really only missing the service history from 2009 - 2012 and 2013-2015.
The current low Km looks promising and seem confirmed making this a documented very low Km bike.

cheers, Pete

Cheers, Pete
Nil_Time and bfree like this.

Last edited by brouhaha; May 3rd, 2015 at 12:36 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old May 3rd, 2015, 9:53 pm
cws

Garage
Re: OMG - how much body work is there

Nice Pete.. looks like you've got a good area to work on her.
And since its recently had a clutch job done, you can put off buying a bike lift to do your services...
Hope you get many good k's out of her... she's only really just broken in.

While you've got her that stripped down, have a think about aftermarket electricals you might want... like upgrading the headlight to an HID, LED driving lights... GPS,
whatever.... much easier to run all the cables now with the tank off than later. I can recommend a Fuzeblock FZ-1 for that extra gear... great unit.
Even if you can't think of any, run a good heavy positive and negative wire along the cable run on the right-side under the tank where the wiring loom lies and tie it off somewhere both ends.... might save you some work later on.
cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in