Lazy Sunday afternoon ride - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 8Likes
  • 5 Post By bfree
  • 2 Post By cws
  • 1 Post By cws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Feb 1st, 2015, 5:02 am Thread Starter

Lazy Sunday afternoon ride

Finished parent duties by midday and thought I would take the opportunity to go for ride. Temperature, mid to high 20's, likelyhood of rain, low. Chance of a storm in the afternoon again low.

Went for a ride out to Bathurst and a run around the Panorama circuit. 5 - 6 hours return.

Came back via the Bells Line and met with not 1, but 2 hail storms.

Crap was all over the road from the hail damage to the trees. The road turned white and all the cage drivers were pulling over and stopping in the worst places.

Me, slowed to a crawl had to endure a beating from the hail whilst riding with limited visability on a road that was white with hail. Oh yeh, as it was such a nice day, no wet weather gear on.

I made it home safe but cold. I guess I can now tick that box as one of lifes experiences.

Brian
cws, PCH, Nil_Time and 2 others like this.

2005 dark Blue with chrome option
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Feb 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
cws

Garage
Re: Lazy Sunday afternoon ride

that sucks..... I was painting some of the timber on a new pergola being built in the backyard and was watching the radar just in case... saw the storms out west, looked pretty intense but small....
Sorry to hear you got slammed by them Brian, but like you said.. life experiences
PCH and bfree like this.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Last edited by cws; Feb 1st, 2015 at 7:52 pm.
post #3 of 6 Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 8:19 pm
PCH

At least you had a ride.
I was beginning to think all you guys had died or something. nothing on the site for over a month ????
surely there must have been some BS story to share ( in my own case I had a ride to Yamba that was fabulous along with several others)
Anyway welcome to 2015 inmates. have fun and stay out of the hail!!! lol
best regards
Paul

PCH
R 1200GS 2015
R 1200 RTSE 2013 90th Anniversary
R 1200 RTSE 2008 gone at 100k km
R 1100 RT 1999 Gone at 60,000 kms
Various other Japanese bikes over many years.

"Be kind to everyone, it is easier and a whole lot less trouble"

post #4 of 6 Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 8:39 pm
cws

Garage

Well Paul, we could start a thread about how Greg is giving up his beloved LT for a bloody Indian..... but then at least he's out riding....
mine seems to be sitting parked on the lift more than it is on the road... still riding every day... just commuting on the GT...

life just goes by in the meantime
GJPinAU likes this.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #5 of 6 Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 5:24 am Thread Starter

Paul,
I use mine for my daily commute on most days, but not many Klms. Generally in the western suburbs.

When I can I like to go for a 3 to 6 hour ride. Unfortunately that includes a couple of hours of Sydney commuting. No matter which way I go it is at least an hour to get away from traffic lights and the likes. So that means any ride is 2 + hours of traffic.

With family commitments I cannot always plan these and have to grab them at the last minute when time permits.

Would love to be in a position where I could make future decisions, but for now I must take each ride as they come along. As the children grow older and require less intervention, my wife and I will spend more time riding.

That is the plan anyway. SO SHE TELLS ME. For now I get to ride without the prod the side to ease up.

Brian

2005 dark Blue with chrome option
post #6 of 6 Old Feb 3rd, 2015, 2:46 pm
PCH

Brian
We have all been THERE. Family rates higher than motorbikes .
Enjoy what you can while you can and the answer to Sydney Traffic.... Is to move.....easier said than done.... But so satisfying when you do....
Have fun
Best regards
Paul

PCH
R 1200GS 2015
R 1200 RTSE 2013 90th Anniversary
R 1200 RTSE 2008 gone at 100k km
R 1100 RT 1999 Gone at 60,000 kms
Various other Japanese bikes over many years.

"Be kind to everyone, it is easier and a whole lot less trouble"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in