BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Hello to all my fellow Bmw owners in Australia (TAS)

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Gary57 
#1 ·
Hi guys

im new to the forum just brought myself a bmw R1200Rt 2007 in Silver.

love the bike hate the sales team that sold it to me more on this later on.

Anyway im in Tasmania Hobart just wondering how many other riders i have down this way.

Regards
B

#2 ·
Hi Mate welcome there are a couple of Tassie guys on the forum

Reactions: Bushytas
#3 ·
Hi Brendon.
The Oz forum is a little quiet, but as Linton (Axle) said, there's a couple around.. with some RT's and LT's spread around around the country.
Lots of activity in the RT section for new owners though, BMWLT.com is a great resource especially if you want to work on the bike yourself.
Would love to get back down Tassie way for a ride again... one day. Have fun!

#4 ·
The RT riders are world wide. And in Germany too.
Look also at bmwmoa and bmwsporttouringforum.
There are quite a few riders in the USA.
Mostly out on the roads, touring around the USA, you will see Harleys and BMWs predominantly. The Harleys frequently in packs. More solo riders on the BMWs.
This is my experience in mostly the western USA states.
dc

#5 ·
You poor bastard!
Having an RT and living in Tassie.
THE BEST roads in the country in your backyard.:p

I hope to be down there again in March (maybe on my new bike!)

All the best.
Greg

#7 ·
Welcome to the site Bushytas. Have Tassie on my list of to dos.

Very friendly and helpful folks on this site who a more than willing to share their experiences and expertise if you ask.

Not trying to highjack this message, but need to ask Greg to elaberate on his mention of new bike.

#9 ·
Not trying to highjack this message, but need to ask Greg to elaberate on his mention of new bike.
He's been posting way too many pics of Indian's and those bloody space-bikes his mate rides lately...
Can see Greg riding off with his leather tassles flowing in the breeze like Easy Rider... :rotf: :D

Reactions: Nil_Time
#12 ·
Hi Bushytas,

Booked to be in Tassie from 26th December till 14th January, I will most likely blog the ride in the Ride Tales forum - can't wait it has been 10 years since I was down there on a bike. I will be staying in Deloraine, Strahan, Richmond and Bicheno, we have most ride days planned, so as long as the weather is kind it will be a great trip :dance:

Tom.

#15 ·
Hi mate, from Devonport.

This posting isn't too old so hopefully I'm not posting too late.

Just bought a 2001 K1200LT and looking to ride with Ulysses as not a lot of ride groups in Tassie.

Hopefully riding my LT to Hobart in July school holidays (I'm a teacher ) so be nice to catch up. Oh, although it's school holidays I'm actually working as it's a school professional development course but free food, fuel, expenses and accommodation. Not getting paid... but..well.. us teachers get enough holidays so not complaining

Cheers, Pete

#17 ·
Hi Pete.

Thread seems to be kicking along nicely:) I'm still around.
My bikes in the shed at the moment as I collected a redundancy from the rail and haven't worried about rego.
But more then happy to catch up for a chat.
If you are on Facebook look for Rides of Tasmania I believe you have a number of them around your area.
Anyway feel free to inbox me anytime

Regard
B

#16 ·
you have 4 branches over there, one should be fairly close..

#18 ·
Hi everyone

So glad to see some BMW riders here in Tassie - sure beats seeing nothing but Harleys......................

Anyway it would be great to meet up with some other BMW riders , say Ross/Campbelltown or where ever. Tassie roads are the best

Cheers
Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.