• 3 Post By PCH
  • 1 Post By PCH
  • 3 Post By RobinW
  • 2 Post By PCH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Nov 5th, 2014, 3:05 am Thread Starter

Garage
Aust Post now in US post office

Hi guys well I have signed up for this, Australia post now has a mail forward post office in Origon usa check it out may help with overseas transactions flat fee of $24.00 + $5.00 for every extra 500kg so you will get some thing reasonable size for about $30.00 or so

ShopMate

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Nov 5th, 2014, 7:43 pm
cws

Garage
Re: Aust Post now in US post office

Heh, heh... at $5.00 for every 500kg I might just get me another LT shipped over

Thanks Linton, I heard this on the news too... and just signed up after your reminder.
BTW.. its A$24.95 per parcel, plus A$5.95 per 500g

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 10 Old Nov 6th, 2014, 1:51 am Thread Starter

Garage

yeah I have been digging into it a bit more I don't know that it is is any better than what we have now, standard parcel is 300g $24.95 then its +++ so you are going to get buggar all in savings and insurance is + again. oh well it sounded ok at the time.
Geoff c likes this.

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT

post #4 of 10 Old Nov 6th, 2014, 3:36 pm
PCH

Hi

I have signed up, not because it has potential to be cheaper, because it probably doesn't. The advantage I see is it opens up potential purchasing from sites who won't sell outside the USA or North America.
Important with the abolition in QLD of the compulsory helmet ASA .just an example.
I think it has potential to widen your buying power but that is probably the only way you might save some money.
Thanks for the tip off. Greatly appreciated
Regards
Paul
Axle, Nil_Time and Geoff c like this.

PCH
R 1200GS 2015
R 1200 RTSE 2013 90th Anniversary
R 1200 RTSE 2008 gone at 100k km
R 1100 RT 1999 Gone at 60,000 kms
Various other Japanese bikes over many years.

"Be kind to everyone, it is easier and a whole lot less trouble"
post #5 of 10 Old Nov 6th, 2014, 5:16 pm

I could have saved almost AU$45 using this instead of those flat rate USPS boxes for a Wilber shock I got coming, so on the face of it, it is competitive at least.

Paul,
What's happening with helmets in QLD? Got a link?

07 R1200RTP
post #6 of 10 Old Nov 6th, 2014, 6:47 pm
PCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW View Post
I could have saved almost AU$45 using this instead of those flat rate USPS boxes for a Wilber shock I got coming, so on the face of it, it is competitive at least.

Paul,
What's happening with helmets in QLD? Got a link?
Check the TMR web site.
Early next year
1. lane filtering aproved.
2. changes silly old rules about motorcycles
3. helmets won't have to have ASA standard sticker or approval, just meet one of the other World standards
regards
Geoff c likes this.

PCH
R 1200GS 2015

post #7 of 10 Old Nov 6th, 2014, 9:01 pm
cws

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH View Post
Check the TMR web site.
Early next year
1. lane filtering aproved.
2. changes silly old rules about motorcycles
3. helmets won't have to have ASA standard sticker or approval, just meet one of the other World standards
regards
Really wish they'd get these rules nationally... what happens if you buy a helmet in Qld and have an accident in Tweed Head (NSW) and there's no ADR sticker? Will insurance still cover, or could they duck and run.
Its very confusing and was summed up (still confusing) by Guy Standford here... State of Helmets
...just not sure how recent this is.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #8 of 10 Old Nov 6th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Here is the .gov link.

It says you can import a helmet that meets .EU standards but shops can only sell helmets that meet .AU standards. And this titbit is tacked on the end.

Helmet standards elsewhere in Australia

Currently other Australian states and territories only allow helmets approved under Australian standards, although some jurisdictions are reviewing helmet standards. Motorcycle riders and passengers should be aware that after Queensland has expanded its helmet range in early 2015, it will still be an offence to wear a helmet approved under the ECE 22.05 standard when riding in other Australian states or territories.
cws, Nil_Time and Geoff c like this.

07 R1200RTP
post #9 of 10 Old Nov 7th, 2014, 5:01 am
PCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
Really wish they'd get these rules nationally... what happens if you buy a helmet in Qld and have an accident in Tweed Head (NSW) and there's no ADR sticker? Will insurance still cover, or could they duck and run.
Its very confusing and was summed up (still confusing) by Guy Standford here... State of Helmets
...just not sure how recent this is.
Chris
I don't think it will be that bad. Insurance usually accepts legality of state of rego and I don't think a magistrate will play those cards in traffic court.
Agreed National is wonderful, but someone needs to make a move first on silly laws to get the rest of the sheep to follow.
Best regards
Paul
cws and Geoff c like this.

PCH
R 1200GS 2015

post #10 of 10 Old Dec 6th, 2016, 3:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle View Post
yeah I have been digging into it a bit more I don't know that it is is any better than what we have now, standard parcel is 300g $24.95 then its +++ so you are going to get buggar all in savings and insurance is + again. oh well it sounded ok at the time.
I also looked up the same so I will be using other sites that allow you to buy in the USA and have it shipped to a US address then they forward it on to you way cheaper than Australia post . Plus they don't loos anything lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in