Beemer Boneyard Order - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Jul 28th, 2014, 11:41 pm Thread Starter

Beemer Boneyard Order

Hi all,
I am about to place an order for an EBC rotor and a full set of pads from Beemer Boneyard. That is unless someone has found a better site.

Does anybody require some bits that can be added to the shipment to share the freight?

Chris,
Do you need anything for your workshop? Not sure if it will reach here in time though.

I will order this this in the next day or so based on any responses I get.

Brian

2005 dark Blue with chrome option
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Jul 29th, 2014, 6:36 am Thread Starter

Re: Beemer Boneyard Order

Hi again,
Update
I am currently negotiating with a local enterprise to see if they can come up with a competitive price. If so, even if it costs a little more, I will go with that.

But let me know if you want to join a buy from the US.

Brian

post #3 of 13 Old Jul 29th, 2014, 6:41 am
cws

Garage

Brian, just check that BB have the EBC (rear I presume?)
I tried to order EBC front rotors and Michael said they wouldn't carry them because they believed they suffered surface rusting too much... or something to that effect.
So I bought my EBC fronts from JCMotors in California and had them shipped to my mate in LA with all the other stuff for reboxing.
Just check all the options, but if BB have them then may as well stick with them.

not sure if I need anything else for a while, but thx for checking in!

Edit: Ah, I see they have the rears for US$185.. about Au$205 + at least $50 shipping... possibly more.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Last edited by cws; Jul 29th, 2014 at 6:52 am.

post #4 of 13 Old Jul 29th, 2014, 6:59 am
cws

Garage

Heres the EBC rear from JC Motors on Ebay, about AU$210 shipped

FA304HH pads (rear sintered)

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Last edited by cws; Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:22 am.
post #5 of 13 Old Aug 8th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Did you particularly want EBC disks.
Metal Gear make disks and pads in Brisbane.
Saves on shipping.

http://www.metalgear.com.au/

07 R1200RTP
post #6 of 13 Old Aug 9th, 2014, 12:35 am
cws

Garage

Hi Robin.
While there's a Metalgear distributor in Brissy, the product comes from Germany (Metalgear-shop.com) although they don't state where its manufactured, just that it's TUV tested (same as EBC etc).
For the price I reckon its probably Chinese manufacture... there's some amazingly "cheap" rotor buys on Ebay.... but I wouldn't necessarily trust them to last on an LT.

I bought some Metalgear rear rotor brake pads for the LT a while back (organic) and they didn't seem to last all that long, so switched them out for Carbon Lorraine sintered pads (from BB).
The Metalgear organic pads don't have the cut through the centre, which I think is to help disseminate brake dust and heat... they are just a solid block of material.

2c...

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #7 of 13 Old Aug 9th, 2014, 2:31 am

I have a pair of their rotors and sintered pads on the 1100 but they only have about 4K Kms on them so can't comment on wear but they work fine. A year or two back when the dollar was up and the British Pound was down, Motorworks was the best value. They still list EBC rotors for the LT at 78pounds each but I think you'll get slaughtered on the postage.

07 R1200RTP
post #8 of 13 Old Aug 9th, 2014, 3:46 pm
PCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
Hi Robin.
While there's a Metalgear distributor in Brissy, the product comes from Germany (Metalgear-shop.com) although they don't state where its manufactured, just that it's TUV tested (same as EBC etc).
For the price I reckon its probably Chinese manufacture... there's some amazingly "cheap" rotor buys on Ebay.... but I wouldn't necessarily trust them to last on an LT.

I bought some Metalgear rear rotor brake pads for the LT a while back (organic) and they didn't seem to last all that long, so switched them out for Carbon Lorraine sintered pads (from BB).
The Metalgear organic pads don't have the cut through the centre, which I think is to help disseminate brake dust and heat... they are just a solid block of material.

2c...
I have had a set of metal gear rotors and their sintered pads on a RT. Worked well and good value. No issues with longevity.
Regards

PCH
R 1200GS 2015
R 1200 RTSE 2013 90th Anniversary
R 1200 RTSE 2008 gone at 100k km
R 1100 RT 1999 Gone at 60,000 kms
Various other Japanese bikes over many years.

"Be kind to everyone, it is easier and a whole lot less trouble"
post #9 of 13 Old Aug 10th, 2014, 5:56 am

Hi Brian, I'm interested in getting a clutch slave cylinder for my '05 from BBY. Please advise how/what you need me to do, I'm happy to pay a share of the freight etc. I'll check their site, I may also order some other stuff. Cheers, Dennis

Dennis
1987 Yamaha TY250R
1991 Aprilia Climber 280
1988 K100RT (the pack horse)
2005 K1200LTE Light yellow metallic
post #10 of 13 Old Aug 10th, 2014, 6:18 am

PM sent Brian, cheers, Dennis

Dennis
1987 Yamaha TY250R
1991 Aprilia Climber 280
1988 K100RT (the pack horse)
2005 K1200LTE Light yellow metallic
post #11 of 13 Old Aug 17th, 2014, 11:25 pm Thread Starter

WOW,
Placed my order on the 13th Aug for disc, pads, grips, funnel and slave. They arrived today, 18th. That is fantastic.

Brian

post #12 of 13 Old Aug 21st, 2014, 5:21 am Thread Starter

Talking Re: Beemer Boneyard Order

HI all,
Okay, I kept hearing how great this bike is. How comfortable it is. How smoth it is.
When I first started riding my newly purchased unit, I failed to be impressed. It was a bit disapointing that the bike was rough to ride and left me thinking I had made a mistake.
With some repairs, right tyres and mods that I have learnt from this site and locals I have grown to see what others talk about.
Last night I replaced the Cowbell and cannot believe the difference this has made.
I went for a ride today and was impressed at the change this latest mod has made.
The bike is now smoother, quieter and has less vibration.
I am now thinking what can be done to make the whole experience better.
Love this bike and enjoy spending time getting to know it more intimately.

Brian

post #13 of 13 Old Aug 21st, 2014, 6:36 am
cws

Garage

nice Brian!

Chris
Sydney, NSW

(sold 2019)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in