New Nolan N104 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Nov 16th, 2012, 1:03 pm Thread Starter

New Nolan N104

Hi Group. Just got back from a short 2hr ride with new N104. For me, its absolutely incredible. Took a little getting use to pinlock anti fog outline, drop down sun shield. Stood up over windshield, opened the chimney vent just to see how much air comes in. Almost instant headache from 35 degree temps at 50mph. Installed upgraded Sony speakers and Autocom mic last night. Glad to be breaking in during winter. Local MC shop matched cheapest internet price excluding taxes, which I didn't mind paying. My 11yr old N100 got a new liner this spring but it was tired.

Been indoors for last 4 weeks going through sun damage treatment. Had plenty of time to shop for a helmet and Dave's specialty sockets.

Great day riding the LT again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Nov 16th, 2012, 6:25 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: New Nolan N104

Thanks for the review. I have had my N102 for the last 6 years & plan on getting the N104 next month.

Stevie Shreeve
post #3 of 4 Old Nov 18th, 2012, 11:18 am

Re: New Nolan N104

I have the N103. How's the noise in the N104? I've had the 103 for a couple of years and my only complaint is the noise level. Since I'm usually only riding for 30-40 minutes at a time it's bearable, but longer trips are tough. I'm usually cruising at 75 or so.

Was wondering what your impression of the 104 noise level is.

I am also happy with the Nolan comm's and Bluetooth. Are the Sony speakers better and where did you get them?

Thank you for writing the review!

Dan
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; Nolan 103 Helmet w/Bluetooth;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),
; Clymer Manual; BMW Service DVD

post #4 of 4 Old Nov 25th, 2012, 11:11 am

Smile Re: New Nolan N104

Recently got my new Nolan N104 in white upgrading from my N102 in Yellow.

I am still adjusting to the ultra tall eye port... I think I prefer the opening of the 102 versus the 104. Ventilation is amazing compared to any other helmet I have worn over the past 40 years of riding.

Cannot tell much if any difference in the weight and have not worn enough to get comfortable yet..

Installed SENA SMH-10 personal communicator. Be warned that it does not in this helmet as like in my 102 or other normal helmets. I had to dremel a slice into it to fit the bracket but other than that is easier to put helmet on and position microphone than on the 102. I actually like this inner sunshade..

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in