One piece suits? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 11th, 2012, 10:44 am Thread Starter

One piece suits?

Looking to get some ideas about a one-piece suit for all weather riding. Can y'all share your experiences with whatever you got?

Thanks,
Yuri

2009 R1200RT
2003 Aprilia Tuono
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 11th, 2012, 11:38 am

Re: One piece suits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrusoloco
Looking to get some ideas about a one-piece suit for all weather riding. Can y'all share your experiences with whatever you got?

Thanks,
Yuri

It's not a one-piece, but I've been extremely happy with the Tourmaster Transition and pants in all weather conditions ranging from 110 degrees to about 25 degrees (That was in the same day!) I rode through a horrible downpour here in Dallas last week the day all of the tornados hit and I stayed dry throughout. Good price too. I've noticed with my riding buddies that use a one piece that they can become pretty cumbersome when it's time to stop to eat or a rest room break.

Keep the rubber on the road and the blood inside

2006 R1200RT
2001 HD Road King Classic (Sold)
1999 Triumph Sprint ST (sold)
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrusoloco

Thanks,
Yuri
I've had three Aerostich Roadcrafters over the last 20 years. I've tried others but did not find anything that compares. The Roadcrafter is made in the USA and alterations and or repairs are handled very efficiently. Downside is that they are factory direct only. Hope this helps.

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 11th, 2012, 9:18 pm

I have one of the early versions of the Teiz Lombard, which I bought used. It is terrific, and the newer versions appear to have incorporated a lot of improvements.

The company's web site is here: http://store.teizms.com/

.... and there's a looong thread about them at advrider.com in the "Vendors" section.

I consider mine ideal for three-season wear in cold-to-mild temperatures, then switch to mesh gear for the hot summers we have in this part of the country.

Goose512 alluded to a one-piece being cumbersome to get in and out of. That was true for me at first but you get faster with practice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old Apr 12th, 2012, 2:26 pm

In a word, for me, they are cumbersome. I have tried two different brands and fit, even with Aerostich, is an issue because the whole darn thing has to fit. Being of one piece, tightness or unnecessary looseness in one area tends to affect the fit of the entire suit. I have several jackets and pants and mix and match based on weather and distance. When wearing a two piece outfit, I can leave the pants on and find a place in the luggage to squeeze in my jacket but never found an effective way to pack the one piece inside the luggage when I was off the bike.

JMTC

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old Apr 12th, 2012, 2:57 pm

I have a one-piece suit, but don't wear it much anymore. When it's hot and I stop, I get out of the sleeves to get some air and it's a pain to keep the arms from dragging on the ground. I prefer a separate jacket and pants. Much more flexible.

2013 BMW K1600GLT (I love this bike!)...
2005 BMW K1200LT, a/k/a "Fat Bottomed Girl" (traded for 2013 K1600GLT)...
1998 Honda VFR800, the finest sport/tourer ever created...
1978 Yamaha DT400E, because I just can't leave the sound of a two-stroke behind...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in