Financial troubles at BigEar Inc. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Aug 6th, 2010, 9:50 am Thread Starter

Exclamation Financial troubles at BigEar Inc.

In case anyone was considering buying some custom ear plugs or stereo ear plugs from Big Ear, Inc - you may want to hold off as they may be going under.

I placed an order for custom-fit stereo ear plugs from Big Ear, Inc www.bigearinc.com
back in May. Was fitted by a local rep for both a solid ear plugs and the BE-1C Stereo Ear Plugs. The solid ear plugs were done on-site, but the molds were then sent to the lab to be made into the stereo plugs. They were to take 6-8 weeks. Welll, after 10 weeks I tried to find out the status of my order, only to find out they won't be able to fill my order.

Now I need to attempt to get my $350 back from the local rep - paid by check which was cashed back in May.

Here's the info from the CEO:

"Thank you for your patience with your Big Ear Order. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to process your order at this time. As you may be aware, our industry is suffering the same financial doldrums as our overall economy. Accordingly, the purpose of this email is to advise you of the status of your order, and the proactive austerity measures Big Ear is taking to weather these trying times. Our response to this situation is to do the following:

1. Rent out the remainder of our building, including our own offices
2. Allow our staff to work from home in a “virtual” office environment
3. Move to a smaller location
4. Consolidate our customer service operations
5. Take the unprecedented step of asking you, our customers, to please call your credit card company and cancel your Big Ear order. You may tell them that the merchandise you charged was never delivered. We’re willing to take the heat on this so you won’t be hassled over the transaction.

Thanks for your patience with us. We are so sorry for this inconvenience and are putting our trust in you, hoping that you will understand. We are trying to serve our valued customers in the most expeditious manner and at the same time have the financial wherewithal to come out on the other side of this poor economy. If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email at the address below."

Scott

In the garage:
'12 K1600 GTL (took delivery 5/25)
'12 Ducati Monster EVO 1100
'08 Big Dog Pitbull
'79 Honda CX 500 Deluxe (restored)

Past:
'09 BMW R1200R
'09 BMW K1200 LT
'08 Victory Vision
'06 Yamaha FJR1300
'03 BMW K1200 LT
'02 Gold Wing 1800
'98 Yamaha Roadstar
'96 GoldWing 1500
'79 Honda CX500
'77 GoldWing 1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Aug 6th, 2010, 11:54 am

Re: Financial troubles at BigEar Inc.

Good Luck with that....

I'm still waiting on a carport that I put a deposit on in April.. "Should be about three weeks"..
Was what I got when I ordered it...

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #3 of 9 Old Aug 6th, 2010, 11:58 am
BMW Guru

That's sucks, I hope you get your money back.

I pay for EVERYTHING with AMEX or VISA. You have some protection when you do this.

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #4 of 9 Old Aug 6th, 2010, 6:57 pm

And the good news is that Marilyn from Now Hear This www.plugup.com will be joining us at CCR again this year. I have bought product from her for many years and have been very pleased.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #5 of 9 Old Aug 6th, 2010, 7:17 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffklt
And the good news is that Marilyn from Now Hear This www.plugup.com will be joining us at CCR again this year. I have bought product from her for many years and have been very pleased.
Marilyn is great. Love the plugs she made for me.

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #6 of 9 Old Aug 6th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Quote:

Well, Jeff, let me the first to spread the cheer here, but she has NO personality, I talked to her at CCR05 and 06 and got about as much attention from her as I would a tree, needless to say she did not make a sale!

I saw her in Panama City last year at Thunder Beach and asked her is she was coming to Rapid City for CCR and she said yes, but she was a no-show.

Rant off

Y'all have a great CCR and we hate to miss Vermont. PS, I hope she makes some sales.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #7 of 9 Old Aug 7th, 2010, 8:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
Well, Jeff, let me the first to spread the cheer here, but she has NO personality, I talked to her at CCR05 and 06 and got about as much attention from her as I would a tree, needless to say she did not make a sale!

I saw her in Panama City last year at Thunder Beach and asked her is she was coming to Rapid City for CCR and she said yes, but she was a no-show.

Rant off

Y'all have a great CCR and we hate to miss Vermont. PS, I hope she makes some sales.
Come on Brett, not everyone can be a wild a$$ party dog like you and Skippy! go ahead a sneak away for a few days and join us up in Vermont.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #8 of 9 Old Aug 7th, 2010, 12:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreeze
In case anyone was considering buying some custom ear plugs or stereo ear plugs from Big Ear, Inc - you may want to hold off as they may be going under.

I placed an order for custom-fit stereo ear plugs from Big Ear, Inc www.bigearinc.com
back in May. Was fitted by a local rep for both a solid ear plugs and the BE-1C Stereo Ear Plugs. The solid ear plugs were done on-site, but the molds were then sent to the lab to be made into the stereo plugs. They were to take 6-8 weeks. Welll, after 10 weeks I tried to find out the status of my order, only to find out they won't be able to fill my order.

Now I need to attempt to get my $350 back from the local rep - paid by check which was cashed back in May.

Here's the info from the CEO:

"Thank you for your patience with your Big Ear Order. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to process your order at this time. As you may be aware, our industry is suffering the same financial doldrums as our overall economy. Accordingly, the purpose of this email is to advise you of the status of your order, and the proactive austerity measures Big Ear is taking to weather these trying times. Our response to this situation is to do the following:

1. Rent out the remainder of our building, including our own offices
2. Allow our staff to work from home in a “virtual” office environment
3. Move to a smaller location
4. Consolidate our customer service operations
5. Take the unprecedented step of asking you, our customers, to please call your credit card company and cancel your Big Ear order. You may tell them that the merchandise you charged was never delivered. We’re willing to take the heat on this so you won’t be hassled over the transaction.

Thanks for your patience with us. We are so sorry for this inconvenience and are putting our trust in you, hoping that you will understand. We are trying to serve our valued customers in the most expeditious manner and at the same time have the financial wherewithal to come out on the other side of this poor economy. If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email at the address below."
This may be the biggest load of **** I've ever heard. They could have just as simply sent you a letter saying that they are BK, and good luck getting your money back.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #9 of 9 Old Aug 7th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Quote:
Come on Brett, not everyone can be a wild a$$ party dog like you and Skippy! go ahead a sneak away for a few days and join us up in Vermont.
My good friend, I ain't the party dog I used to be!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in