In case anyone was considering buying some custom ear plugs or stereo ear plugs from Big Ear, Inc - you may want to hold off as they may be going under.
I placed an order for custom-fit stereo ear plugs from Big Ear, Inc www.bigearinc.com
back in May. Was fitted by a local rep for both a solid ear plugs and the BE-1C Stereo Ear Plugs. The solid ear plugs were done on-site, but the molds were then sent to the lab to be made into the stereo plugs. They were to take 6-8 weeks. Welll, after 10 weeks I tried to find out the status of my order, only to find out they won't be able to fill my order.
Now I need to attempt to get my $350 back from the local rep - paid by check which was cashed back in May.
Here's the info from the CEO:
"Thank you for your patience with your Big Ear Order. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to process your order at this time. As you may be aware, our industry is suffering the same financial doldrums as our overall economy. Accordingly, the purpose of this email is to advise you of the status of your order, and the proactive austerity measures Big Ear is taking to weather these trying times. Our response to this situation is to do the following:
1. Rent out the remainder of our building, including our own offices
2. Allow our staff to work from home in a “virtual” office environment
3. Move to a smaller location
4. Consolidate our customer service operations
5. Take the unprecedented step of asking you, our customers, to please call your credit card company and cancel your Big Ear order. You may tell them that the merchandise you charged was never delivered. We’re willing to take the heat on this so you won’t be hassled over the transaction.
Thanks for your patience with us. We are so sorry for this inconvenience and are putting our trust in you, hoping that you will understand. We are trying to serve our valued customers in the most expeditious manner and at the same time have the financial wherewithal to come out on the other side of this poor economy. If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email at the address below."