PDM60 and Heated Gear - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Oct 26th, 2015, 11:05 pm Thread Starter

PDM60 and Heated Gear

Question regarding what to set the PDM at for heated gear. I have a PDM60 installed on my 15 1200RT, and I have connected my Gerbing wiring harness to circuit 4 which is adjustable to 15 Amps. My question is regarding what to set the PDM60 to for different levels of heated clothing. In other words, if I'm wearing the Gerbing jacket and gloves with a combined amp rating of 8.6, what is the most appropriate rating to set the PDM at? Should I go with 10 amps, or can I get away with 9. I guess my ultimate question is, how close do I need to adjust the PDM without tripping the circuit or setting it so high that the equipment or wiring is in jeopardy?

I hope that was clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Oct 27th, 2015, 3:24 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: PDM60 and Heated Gear

What size fuse came in your original Gerbings wiring harness? I'm guessing 20A.

I'd say leave it at 15A and see if it works OK. Too big of a "fuse" is bad, but you do want to have a bit of additional capacity to account for small spikes and startup currents.

I don't see 15A as giving you any trouble at all . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in