BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

MUTH "like" mirrors . . . on the cheap. Part II

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  meese 
#1 ·
(For those of you that need brought up-to-date, you can view the original thread by clicking HERE.)

Many of you are waiting for my review of this product. Well, I finally bit the bullet and paid the eBay seller in question. And after about a week, the product showed up in the mailbox. Yippee!

For under $30 delivered, this product has met my expectations. If I had to do it all over again, I would. No regrets. I have yet to road test these, but I may get out tomorrow for a bit. They are plenty bright at night and look AWESOME! I also believe that during the day, they will be visible to traffic due to the reflective nature of the product, as well. I was careful where to place them, and I don't think that they will distract me. Each unit only contains 2 LEDs, and the reflective plastic does the rest. A very nice design for little money.

YMMV...

Here's a pic of the package that the product came in:

Here's a pic of the LEDs attached to the mirror:

Here's a pic of them when lit:

And here's a pic of them NOT lit:
(I think it's just about to light.)

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like a knockout Joe! I'd say if anyone has not already taken the Muth plunge that this is definitely the way to go.

John

#5 ·
The way I see it...if one can afford (or wants to afford) the Muth mirrors, good for them. I don't mean to compare the two. But as a cheap alternative, these do the job. AND (and this is a biggie) . . . when your mirror decides to fall down and go BOOM!, it's an easier pill to swallow. I have a friend who still hasn't replaced his left-side Muth because of a tip-over. (Right Tom?) ;)

#6 ·
There is a similar product that you can get at some of the Wallmarts in and around Charlotte, nc. I purchased a set for around $9.00 that I put on my bike. They only had red in color.

#7 ·
After looking at the photos i recon you could just about make these yourself with some clear acrylic tube cut in half and cut the ends to 45 degree angles and then mount leds behind the acrylic and hold in place with some silicone.

mmmm... another project to think about

#10 ·
Dezrae said:
After looking at the photos i recon you could just about make these yourself with some clear acrylic tube cut in half and cut the ends to 45 degree angles and then mount leds behind the acrylic and hold in place with some silicone.

mmmm... another project to think about
How is the clear acrylic tube going to reflect the light at different angles?! My guess is it's not.

#13 ·
Look really good Joe! Glad the Ebay transaction went well for you - alot of concern about that one. I like the way they look clear when not lit. Do the wires come out of the point of the Arrow? Did you just wrap them around the edge of the mirror? I guess I'm going to give this a try too.

Thanks for being the guinea pig!

#14 ·
sprdoorman said:
Do the wires come out of the point of the Arrow? Did you just wrap them around the edge of the mirror?
Yes, the wires come out at the point, so I just fed them under the mirror. I soldered the other ends onto the leads for the turn signals. Quick and painless. The hardest part for you might be how you're going to install quick-disconnects for when you need to remove the mirrors. How I did it was VERY trick and I like it a lot. I even impressed myself. :D Look for a new thread later today called, "Quick Disconnects", from a Phone Guy. :cool:

#17 ·
messenger13 said:
I wasn't the guy giving male massages at CCR'05!!! :D :D :D
SHHHHhhhhh Joe... If our wives EVER find out there will be Heck to pay.

You just looked 'kinda tense - and I was just tryin' to help out a fellow biker.

You know how it is up there in lonely Wyoming - where the men are MEN and the sheep are nervous: Yippee eye oh K-Y!

#20 · (Edited)
Was that the first annual meeting of the CCR Brokeback club, or is it just a Wyoming thing? ;)

Think I'll stick with the Booze Brothers myself. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.