Baehr intercom users for K1200LT model advice. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

Old Nov 29th, 2005, 7:56 am

Baehr intercom users for K1200LT model advice.

I have the Baehr K1200LT intercom model & wanted to get a cell phone that works with it. I have Cingular wireless now. Unfortunately, my state of the art Sony S710a won't (POS!).
Thanks for any recommendations.
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 29th, 2005, 8:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonthenet
...my state of the art Sony S710a won't (POS!).
Why won't it work? Is it because your POS doesn't have a 3.5mm adapter to plug into the Baehr?

Your phone is Bluetooth capable. Member Hammick bought a Motorola HF800 and connected it to the Baehr. It talks to the Bluetooth phone. You can read more about it here. I purchased one myself but am now searching for a Bluetooth phone that will take voice commands for answering and dialing.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by vstromboli; Nov 29th, 2005 at 8:11 am.
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 8:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstromboli
Why won't it work? Is it because your POS doesn't have a 3.5mm adapter to plug into the Baehr?
Hope this helps.
Yes. I purchased an adapter from China on Ebay $.99 for adapter + $15.99 for shipping, LOL. The earpieces work but no voice.
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 8:34 am

Baehr and Mobiles

G'Day Ed,

I don't know about other brands but I know any Nokia phone will work with the Baehr. I work for Nokia in Australia and have been using quite a few different Nokia models with the Baehr, I can't help myself, I have to try the latest models.....

There are two ways to connect, and at the moment, (commercially) there is only one, and that way is by using the Baehr phone cable and the appropriate adaptor for the phone. The Baehr cable has a 3.5m phono type connector, a few, but not many, Nokia phones accept this connector without an adapter. For most Nokia models you will need an adapter and the easiest way to get one is to go to a phone accessories shop and buy a personal handsfree kit that will suit any brand of cellphone, they have a heap of adapters that suit different brands and a earpiece/microphone with a 3.5m phono jack that plugs into the adapters. Throw the earpiece/microphone away and just use the appropriate adapter along with the Baehr phone cable. You can set your phone to "auto answer" when connected to the handsfree if you wish, that way you don't have to do anything when a call comes in but wait until it answers.

I mentioned there were two ways to connect; the second is Bluetooth. I heard last week that Baehr are planning to bring out a Bluetooth unit in the first quarter of 2006 that will work with the K1200 unit. Currently there are no commercial Bluetooth units that will work with the Baehr that I am aware of. I have made my own and have been using it since Bluetooth first appeared in cellphones. Bluetooth works well with the Baehr, the best bit is you don't even have to think about your phone, just jump on the bike, start it up, and at the same time your phone connects to the intercom whilst still in your pocket. Magic....

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway…..

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

Growing Old Disgracefully.....
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 2:17 pm

I use a LG VX4400 cell phone and it works fine. Baehr sells an adapter cord for the jack on the phone which plugs into one of the intercom channel cables, set the phone to auto-answer and you are set to go. The only drawback is that when the phone "rings" you don't hear anything through the intercom. Instead, the phone auto-answers and you are on. It hangs up when it looses the signal due to the other party hanging up. I hear a slight click when someone calls if the stereo is not on but thats it. If I initiate the call using voice dialing, and the other end is anwered by an answering machine, then I have to manually hang up or the phone will stay on the air until the tape runs out.

"Explain it to me once more: WHY do I have to "Press 1 for English"
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 2:03 am

Re: Baehr intercom users for K1200LT model advice.

Brian, where did you purchase your vx 4400 cell adapter?